bobbin washers

Are you thinking of the Bobbin Genie washers? Those are available at Columbia River Quilting. Never tried them. If you do get some, let us know how they work for you. I recently heard of magnetic washers--are these that type? I am getting pretty good at adjusting the tension on my Millie, I don\'t know if I would want to try something new!!

On several of Sharon Schamber\'s videos, she says that Bobbin Genie helps keep the back of the quilt looking nice when you are quilting intricate designs. At least that\'s what I think she said. Since I am having trouble with the backs of my quilts, I got some, haven\'t tried them yet. I bought them from her website.

Rita,

No you\'re right. These bobbin genies are supposed to stop backlash. I\'ve heard that the APQS machines don\'t need them because the added piece in th bobbin case does the same thing. I have also heard that some take the ones that come with the APQS bobbin out and use the bobbin genies. I personally haven\'t tried them.

Heidi

I was told by an APQS rep that the Millie doesn\'t need the bobbin washers because we have a smaller bobbin (L) and they don\'t spin after the machine is stopped therefore preventing backlash. When I do get backlash, it\'s because my bobbin thread is too loose to start quilting with. I just pull off a few strands of thread and away I go.

Archived