baking soda

In a quilt magazine , there was an article about using baking soda in the water you use to remove wash away markers, the blue or purple kind...it works great, no bleed thru to the backing...dissolves it so it doesnt go into the batting etc. Just thought i would share this in case it hasnt been discussed yet..

I took a class with Sherry Rogers and she told us to go to Dairy Queen and get a blizzard. Use the spoon that they give you to put baking soda into a squirt bottle of water and use this to mist the blue marking off of your quilt. I can\'t eat the blizzards-- lactose intolerant- but the baking soda really does work. Neutralizes the marker- maybe.

It really does work better than plain water.

Sharon Welsh (the mom of Miracle Chalk) gave us this recipe at Guild----

One teaspoon of baking soda shaken in 12 ounces of water. Spritz away and the Ph of the water eases the removal of the blue marker. This doesn\'t work on M Chalk, by the way! She told us that this recipe only lasts for a short time so you will need a new batch after a few hours.

Gonna have to make a trip to DQ for the proper measuring implement--one can never have enough tools--or ice cream!!!

I\'m thinking that the spoon from DQ has little do do with why it works...a tsp is a tsp...but the ice cream is great. It\'s like the woman who cuts the end off a ham before baking but doesn\'t know why because her mother always did it that way. When she finally asks her mother, she finds out it is because the pan was too small for the hams she baked so she cut the end off to make it fit in the pan. Here\'s to oreo cookie blizzards.

:P:P Logical reasoning has its place Holly, and at this point and time...I truly believe its all in the DQ Spoon :D......one should never try to be get between a woman and her spoon.

Its way safer if one just walks away and not try to logically explain a tsp is a tsp....its all in the DQ....and I too would raise my spoon, to the Heath Blizzards, but just somedays its gotta be the Peanut Buster Parfay...extra peanuts please.:P:P And me on a nasty ol\' diet....its done derailed me for some time....but I too shall rise and again hold my spoon high with pride.:cool: Hey we all have to have something to look forward to....if not why get out of bed in the morning?:cool:

Archived