How to Pebble

JenMcManus

Darlene Epps books are the greatest, especially for newbies who want to try it all and find their niche. Pebbling is so much fun, but from recent experience - once you start it on a quilt you are committed because of the double and sometimes triple stitching. Ripping out would be nearly impossible and extremly time consuming. In Darlene\'s book she goes around twice and most do not exactly match the previous stitching, gives you some flexibility. I went fairly slow and used my micro-drive attachment. Pebbling gives great texture to an area; and after my customer washed the quilt the pebbles "poofed" and they love it even more.

Give it a try.

Sharon.

Hi Jen. Its so fun and easy. Try this on a piece of paper and you\'ll see how easy it is. I just circle/oval around 3 or 4 times at the size I want and then just do another one right along side it. sometimes I am circling/ovalling in the same direction, and sometimes not. really is just fun and it looks so great. Have fun.

I\'ve been looking and learning on U-Tube for quite a while---I just assumed many of you knew what a great resource this is for short demos.

Sharon Schamber U-Tube Videos are some of my favorite

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=Sharon%20Schamber&search=Search&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&spell=1

You can type any long arm teachers name, or quilting subject in the "Search" and find some interesting and informative videos...What a wonderful medium to learn with!

Archived