6th Grader Quilt

Hi all. I thought you might like seeing this quilt. One of the ladies I quilt for teaches grade school kids to sew and quilt. This quilt is from one of her students. She is a 6th grader and it is her first quilt. She did a great job picking colors and piecing the quilt. :D For the quilting, I just meandered daisies all over it with a Rainbows orange, yellow and lime green thread. The back is a bright orange batik. I was told that she is redecorating her room in her favorite color of orange!! :P:P

Debbi

post--13461898727509_thumb.jpg

Hey Rita. Here\'s a close up of the thread. It really does show up well, I just don\'t take the best pictures. :P

As I was quilting this quilt I thought how neat it would be to also teach these kids not just piecing, but also teach them about quilting the top after it is pieced. How fun would that be!!

Debbi

post--13461898727774_thumb.jpg

Hi Debbi, thanks for the close up, it really is neat! Just love that partial daisy and the wanderings... also love the way the thread shows up different on different fabrics.. Great Job!

Forgot to add, you did just great at taking and posting the photos..

RitaR

this 6th grader looks like she is going to be one of those quilting divas in few years. A wonderful job a picking out the oranges & yellow colors plus a great job of piecing also. And Debbie, you did a great job with the daisy all-over. I\'ll have to remember that one when I need something for a teen girl. Thanks for posting the pics.

Archived