Myrna's DVD

Hi Myrna,

Do you sell the DVDs through APQS\'s website or do you have your own. I am a new longarm owner and would love to have something to watch that will give me an idea of what I am doing. It is so overwhelming. Anything you could tell me would be great. Thank you so much.

Charlotte

• 1 month later...

Have to say this is an excellent lesson for beginners! I am still actually a pre-beginner and this was my Christmas present to myself! There is soooooo much information that really helps me comprehend what is involved in longarm machine quilting, all the how to\'s from batting textures and colors and what to use when, thread selection, pattern selection for pantographs or freehand, wavy borders, squaring top & backing, & just so much more! And there is Myrna, wearing that wonderful lime green, talking me through every step, explaining her heart out in a way that is very reassuring. Encountering issues with the backings or tops and talking her way through each one, resolving the issues in a way that really makes me feel that it may be a PITA but it can be done and it\'s all workable! This is a great lesson for those just starting out on their machine, those who are considering getting a machine but not sure what all is involved in using or working on a longarm, wheather just for yourself or starting a business. I\'ve been haunting this site for just over a year and feel like I have a good idea of everything that is being discussed and this dvd really helped solidify that for me, I really did have it right in my head! Thank you, thank you, thank you Myrna! Now I\'m gonna go watch it for the third time!

That is so true. The DVDs are great. It is like having you in my sewing room. The picture in a picture close ups make it very easy to tell what you are doing. I bought the Harley Fence DVD and I don\'t even have one yet but felt it was a great way to see what it could do and how "hard" it would be. It looks easy. So now I have to save up my money. Thanks Myrna.

Charlotte

Hi All! It is so true! Myrna\'s video is the greatest!! I don\'t even have my machine yet, but I have watched it several times and each time, I don\'t feel quite as scared to get started!! Jane, I am going to chillicote too!! Are you going to be there on the 13th for the beginner\'s class??? Oh! it will be fun to meet someone from this chat!! And Myrna, I can\'t wait to atually meet you face to face! Oh! the fun we\'ll have!!!! Jane, where do you live? linda

Linda and Jane,

I am also in some of Myrna\'s Chillicothe, OH classes. I hope to meet you both there. I am taking several classes and hope I don\'t fry my brain from trying too much at once. Myrna\'s DVDs are great. I just couldn\'t pass up the chance to learn from her in person.

PamelaA

I have to agree, more than once I found myself saying "Oh, so that\'s how you do it". Great demos and filming. I don\'t know of any instructors in my area so the DVD was a great find. Highly recommend it to anyone just starting out. APQS should include it in their packages along with the thread. DB

Linda,,, Jane,,, Pamela,,, I am taking a class from Myrna in Chillicothe in February,,,, can\'t hardly wait too meet her in person too,,, I really do love her DVD It is the best.... has teached me alot too.,

Myrn it time for another one,,,, or should I say maybe two more,,, right gang,,,

Wilma:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived