Houston PICS!!

kennan100

Birgit,

I\'m sorry the pictures of Twinkle, Twinkle did not turn out better. They do show up better on the computer than they did in the camera! The quilts were all hanging on a thin, black fabric curtain and the spotlights that were aimed at the quilts on the row behind yours were showing through the fabric and straight into the camera lense and causing the light filter on the camera to close out the light. It was like taking a picture of the sun! I did try from different angles but the ones I posted were the best I could get.

I really wish I\'d had more time for more pictures. There is just no way to get a good idea of the size of this show. Maybe next year I\'ll take a video camera! I\'ve been going to this show since 1984, have only missed one year, and it gets bigger every year. The vendors are great & there is just no describing the quilts. I\'m talking 1000+ quilts just in the show, not including the ones in the vendor booths. The section of windows that over look the show part were all blocked off so I couldn\'t get an overall picture of the show half of the festival. They had the first American display of The Quilt of Belonging from Canada & it was just awesome. But they wouldn\'t allow pictures of it. They had people everywhere & if you pointed your camera in that direction someone said something so I couldn\'t even stand way back and zoom in for an overall shot of that. so glad everyone enjoyed it!

And actually, I was reading about it on the Internet a few months ago (stumbled upon it, actually) It is traveling the world right now.

Here is the official web site for The Quilt of Belonging from Canada and it includes lots of photos (even close ups) of the blocks. It is a huge quilt. Looks like it is illuminated from the back. It is cool to see a quilt for the indigenous peoples of the world.

http://www.invitationproject.ca/photobook03.htm

Archived