Where to buy thread?

I just brought home my baby. A Millenium! I would like to know where to buy thread? I am having a hard time finding anyone that handles Signature thread (which I hear is good quality). Also, what brands work well? What is better for a newbie to work with? 100% cotton or cotton/poly? Also, what weight? Thanks for all your help.

A warning, don't spend a small fortune on one type of thread. Try some out and then decide which brands work best for you. There are many to choose from and your machine will like some more than others and some not at all.

Mine doesn't like Signature (too linty and nubby) or Valdani (breaks constantly), and I pesonally won't use Coats. I love using Auriful, Superior, and YLI. I came home from Quilt Market and MQS with cones of new threads to try. Never dremed I'd be a thread junkie. Haven't had a chance to play due to my Mom suddenly having some major surgery and I'm dying to try them out. Maybe in the next day or so I'll get a chance as my world is slowly etting back to "normal". jeri

I LOVE superior thread as well.

My favorite has to be the so fine, it shows its color, but also dissapears a little into the quilt.

I have also used some other types of thread as well. Shortly after I got my machine, Mark told me that you can use any kind of thread as long as you adjust the tension right. As long as you can put it on the pin, if you dont have a spool holder, you can use it on the machine. I have used some of the thread that is for the embroidery machines.

I know you mentioned in your post that you were looking for the signature thread. I dont think that they sell that anymore. I went to get some a couple of months ago, and it is not even for sale on the website. However, I like the So Fine a lot more now.

Call them and tell them that you want a wholesale account, you don't even need a tax ID number, just that you are doing this as a business.

Superior's website is: www.superiorthreads.com

(threads must be plural or you will end up on another site)

Archived