My little lady sent me home with two more quilts. One I think somebody here did before, the other I have no idea about. I need some help with designs. She told me to do whatever I want and use whatever thread I want. She was very pleased with her last two, and I'm so happy I could just explode.

First one: Spinning stars scrap quilt with very wide outer border(!)

post--1346189883483_thumb.jpg

On the crossroads...I like your idea of either the spirals or BF\'s...thread I would use a rust (if that is the color its hard to tell sometimes) to match the flowers.

The other one....something custom...what??? not sure either but sure you will do great.

Teresa, how big are the blocks...if they are bigger than 10 inches then either of those would work...if they are smaller that may be to busy for the triangles...if they are smaller maybe just a loopy something that fits would be better...and then feathers and or flames on the Blue and Red areas...leaving the ivory background with some other fill.

The blocks are 8 1/2 inches each. Weird size, I know. I don\'t want the quilting to distract from the piecing. She did a really nice job on it, and the scrappy fabrics are wonderful. It is queen sized, so it will be bery busy with too much quilting.

I thought all-over something at first, but that really won\'t show off her designs. This one really has me stumped. At least I have a week or so to hink about it. I have to do a wholecloth, which I just loaded, and then I will do her crossroads one. Maybe by then I will know what to do on the other one. At least she didn\'t need them back by Christmas.

Teresa--how about some kind of line dancing in the spinning stars--there are some ways to just keep going around the block and continue on into the next one and never have to break thread. Excuse my messy mouse drawing and hopefully this helps get your brain jumpstarted.

post--13461898835449_thumb.jpg

Archived