Story Book Baby Quilt

Thanks Sherry and Sheryl. I hate making those books, too. I needed a quick baby gift for a guy I work with who\'s expecting to be a first time Daddy in a few weeks. We are having an office shower for him next week, so I had to do something quickly. I like the way it turned out, too, so I think I will do the same thing with a few more of the panels I have in my stash.

The thread is King Tut. Love that stuff!

Thank you all for your compliments.

The strips around the book page were cut at 3 inches wide and sewn on log cabin style. I used a 12.5 inch ruler to cut it, trying to give the same angle on each block. It whipped together in a few hours, but quilting it on a domestic machine took a bit longer. The double fold binding was sewn to the back and machine sewn with a feather stitch (and the white Tut) to the front. I know the quilt police would frown, but I\'m sure this quilt will be thrown in the washer and dryer many, many times, and will be well "loved." I want it to hold up over the years.

Teresa: The Tut on the front is #916, but there isn\'t any actual name on my cone. It is pink, baby blue and yellow. I didn\'t think to take a picture of the back, but is the same fabric as the binding. I used King Tut white on the back. I tried a bottom line white, but I couldn\'t get the stitch balanced right, so I went with the same weight thread and it seemed to work.

Archived