Help! Suggestions Needed

I need suggestions for baby quilts for identical twin boys who are 7 weeks old.

I've known their daddy since he was 14 yo (& was making his daddy nuts!) Time does get revisited ;).

I didn't want to make two of the exact same thing. Thought

I had a folder with all my baby examples in it; now I can't

find it!

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks. Judie

Maybe you can make the same quilt but vary the colors. I did twin quilts a few weeks ago (boy) and girl) and they each had a teddy bear appliqued in the center. You could make the outside the same and just change the cloths that they are wearing. Or you can quilt the names in them so that they are distinguishable.

Thank you, Bonnie & Donna. I\'m sure you were right about "the same but different colors". I do like that Yellow Brick Road pattern too. hm m.

I got a chance on Sunday Bonnie to be squeezing \'em! But when I go back

I\'ll hug both for us. They are darling.

My girls tell me I\'m partial to boys -- I only have one grandson -- he was the first male child born on either side of our family in 25 years. Probably don\'t have to say any more about that, huh? ;)

Thanks, again. Judie

Sandra: I really like that "story book" idea too!

Pam: do you have any pictures of what you\'re speaking about?

I really want something that they are not going to be able to find in a store.

(I hope that doesn\'t sound too awful).

Does anybody think the backs should be minkee?

Thanks, Judie

I made some quilts for the grandkids of a friend of mine - three boys and one girl. They aren\'t babies, but some of the same ideas might work: I chose a focus fabric for the center panel and added a panel below it with the child\'s name appliqued on it. Then added borders of accent/coordinated colors. I\'m gonna try to attach a picture of one of the quilts. It\'s a twin-size.

Judy Clark -- they are sweet especially that Lady Bug!

Ruth -- I liked yours too.

So many fabulous choices.

With all of your experience, do you all find that it is good to have 1 or 2

baby quilts already done (like I\'m evr going to have time) for that quick gift?

(I\'m far from the fastest quilter- I remember PPP)

Judie

I would make them nearly alike and put their names on them in big letters. I did sevral of those for christmas. I printed out 3.5 inch high letters I needed with a program called AVERY Sign Kit. (You can get it by going to Avery.com.) If you are good at drawing you could just hand draw them.

Next I laid some of (SuperThreads DISSOLVE) water soluble stabilizer over the letters and traced them onto the stabilizer.

Next I placed the stabliizer on the quilt - which was on the Millie - I pinned them in place then traced around the letters using the stitch regulator.

Pulled off the stabilizer. Nice lettering left.

The names can be put on either horozontally or vertically.

Archived