Baptist Fan....

Originally posted by Laurie

Shana - I want to see pictures! Did you take Myrna\'s Hartley Fence class when you were there? I\'m thinking about doing that in Oct.....

OK Laurie, as requested, here are a couple of photos of the quilt using the Hartley circle maker and fence for cross hatching. It\'s a customer\'s quilt using the half square log cabin design. It\'s a gift for her first grand daughter\'s wedding. Red and black and white. It turned out so pretty! Customer gets it back tomorrow. :)

Here\'s one of the blocks from the top:

post--13461899148749_thumb.jpg

Great job Shana. Perfect for this quilt as well. I just love seeing you all do this and finding that it is not hard after all, JUT DO IT. :D We didn\'t do the Fence class????

Laurie,

The fan scale looks good on your quilt. You will get faster at it the more you use your fence. I can do a king in about 4 hours. Put on some tunes and go. I find that once I get the rhythm I can go faster without the SR.

I am headed to burr cold Ohio in the morning. See some of you there.

Myrna

Let me get this straight. You can do baptist fans with the Hartley Fence? I have only used it to do circles and they end up more like ovals especially near the center. I have one of my five pointed stars on the machine now and may try to do some instead of circles just to see if it works. I don\'t do quilts for other people not that good. I do let others use the machine sometimes. I have never used the straight bar as most of my quilts are not that precisely pieced. Right now our driveway is iced over so I can\'t get next door to try it but as soon as it thaws will try it out.

You bet!!!! Of course, it helps greatly to have Myrna\'s DVD and instruction book. Step by step, Myrna takes you through the process. I never would have figured it out just by using the book that came with the fence.

The DVD shows how to do many different designs - not just the Baptist Fan.

Laurie: I love you quilt. I agree with all the others the Baptist Fan was the perfect pattern for this quilt.

Shana: Your circles are great. I love Black, White and Red quilts. I am doing crosshatching but having to use a ruler since it is around applique. It is not near as good as yours.

Love, love, love these quilts.

Laurie,

Love your quilts esp the the one with the Fan quilting. I agree with others, don\'t respace the curves, they do make it much more textural and beautifully vintage with those fabrics.

OH stars are one of my favorites esp since I\'m here in OH. I\'ll be so happy to get back to traditional quilting after doing all the fiber art pieces. I\'m taking a break from that.

Shana, I\'ll be looking for those photos! Thought you\'d like you to know your husband\'s photo\'s of the Aurora have inspired a design for a coat for the art gallery show. I\'ll post photo\'s when it\'s finished.

Archived