March Private classes available

Karen McTavish

For those of you interested - I have lots of March spots open for private "one on one" classes in my APQS storefront in Duluth Mn.

I know, its winter.....but if there is snow, blizzard, hurricanes or tornados, you get your money back.

Each class is catered to your needs as a machine quilter - We can do a one day "Custom Heirloom" class, or a two day "Wholecloth Trapunto Workshop". Lots of students like to bring in their tops and we design them in class, then you go home and quilt them. Sky\'s the limit. Its your time to do whatever you want.

I have two APQS machines in my shop - next to the best organic restaurant, and coffee shop in the world. I also have a B & B, which will give you a quilters discount, that is 8 blocks away. (no tv!).

If interested in booking a March class - contact me by email - and I will send you the info - a deposit holds your date.

March 11th-12th is full.

Thanks Gang - Stay warm....its almost spring!:cool:

Thanks Cheryl!!

My husband and I will be going and we can\'t wait!!!! (Have I mentioned that before?) Can you tell I\'m totally psyched!! Only thing is - do I need to buy long underwear? Everyone here in NC has me completely freaked about the weather in MN...We go from 60s to 20s to 50s to 30s to 55s, etc...It was 55 here yesterday and tonight we have the threat of freezing rain. So how do I dress for MN in March?

My DH is the left-hander, creative one and I know he will get a lot out of the workshop! I\'ll probably be in a daze for two days just watching...ok...I better stop dancing around the office...people are staring...

Joanne,

March can be a very interesting month...could be snow, could be warm, could be ice, one never knows...I will let you know that you will LOVE it here. So, bring warm cloths and some cold cloths. I don\'t think that you will need long underware....but, then again.....:cool:;):cool:

Sue is right....sweaters, pants, warm socks - warm coat, hat.

Its NOT that bad, guys....just a little on the bitterly cold side.

The only down side to this weather is when your nose holes freeze together. No big deal.

They un-freeze as soon as you are in my shop.

And the "why can\'t I feel my toes" thing....;)

Hay Canada

If you are interested in Karen McTavish coming here to teach please let me know. I am sure that she would love to come to Canada to share her AWESOME McTavishing with us. If there are enough people interest we could invite her to come teach this summer, I will twist her arm with the promise of a ride on the back of a Harley every night after class, and a week by the pool once classes are complete. So if you are interested email me at suepattenquilts@yahoo.ca I will give her a call tomorrow and see how many students she will need and how many days would be offered, I will also get class prices and discriptions... but lets face it she would just say come take my awesome class ... we\'d all sign up!!!! Hay maybe I could take the whole cloth class and do a whole cloth while she\'s here... on Black Fabric of course LOL OK start sending me the emails and get the word out so we can get her booked !!!;):P:cool:

Good morning Jan and Sandra

The list is growing very quickly and both Karen and I are very excited, we will have all the details worked out over the next few weeks and then I will send out dates, classes and fees. I will also be offering classes while Karen is here to help off set her travel cost. Jan and Sandra could you both email me at suepattenquilts@yahoo.ca so you are in my computer, we have created a file so that no one gets missed when the email when all the info goes out. If you do not have email please call my cell phone 950-869-5059 and leave your name and phone number as we have also started a call back for no email list. Thanks everyone this is going to be just AWESOME !!!:P:D;)

Student quilters~ if I were you I would hurry & sign up for this one, you have NO idea what a great class this will be with Karen & crazy Sue!

(And I mean that with much laughter!;))

• 2 weeks later...

Well...we are getting ready to go visit the Wizard..I mean Karen on Tuesday. We begin our journey at 5:00 am Monday morning (with the time change working against us) and head to Charlotte, NC...catch an 8:30 am flight, change planes and catch another flight to Duluth and be in town around 1:30 pm...then to the Bed and Breakfast!!

On Tuesday and Wednesday, we have our classes with the Karen!!! Ok....I\'m doing the Happy Dance again...:P

I checked the weather for next week in Duluth...upper 30s. Yesterday...it looked better upper 30s and 40s. Guess the weather people all over the country have a hard time predicting today\'s weather much less a 10 day forecast:P

Now back to my customer\'s custom quilt...(which I think really should have been a heirloom price quilt)...that is supposed to be finished before I go to bed Sunday night!!! :( Who knew a simple Irish Chain quilt could be such a monster!!! Here\'s to making $5.00 an hour!

Joanne,

Bring your warm clothes with you, it has been cold for the last couple of days...matter of fact it was 30 degree below normal yesterday morning...next week it is suppose to be warmer, highs in the upper 20 to 30\'s, but with snow...so dress warm. I am sure that Karen will have a warm pot of coffee on for you...good luck....

• 2 weeks later...

We had the best time in Duluth! I\'ll post a pic of our quilts when we get them done. Mine is still covered in blue pen mark but I\'ve cut most of the batting away. I never have any free time when I\'m home so I cut a lot of the batting on the plane much to the chagrin of my seat mate. Yes...planes allow embroidery scissors if they are less than 4 inches...ask me how I know!

I keep thinking I may just frame my wholecloth with the blue pen markings...it really doesn\'t look half bad and I\'m scared to death to quilt it!!! I keep telling myself...that which does not kill us makes us stronger. Hmmm...wonder if death by quilting is anything like death by chocolate!!

Archived