My Lenni runs on its own....

My Lenni runs on its own....  

1. 1. My Lenni runs on its own....

I just got my Lenni this week and I\'m having problems right away. I tried out the needle up/down button a couple of times and it worked a total of twice before the machine just continued running on its own....needle going up and down and I couldn\'t stop it with any of the buttons. Had to turn off the entire machine to make it stop. When we turned it back on and tried the green go button it went alright but wouldn\'t turn back off with the button. We called APQS and spoke to Mark who called us back and had my husband scratch off some paint where the handle bolts go into the machine for a ground effect. That worked for 2 days and now again today it is doing the same thing. Of course it is Friday afternoon so no quilting for me this weekend and I have customer quilts to finish. Anyone out there who had this same problem with their new Lenni? Any solutions? I\'m frustrated..........and we just sent back my Discovery that was a trade in so I can\'t even put that back up!!!! Erggggg.

OHHHHHH Your Lenni is tring to be a compu quilter ;) Like a child learning to run before they can walk:PLOL Just kidding. No problem there is a little switch on all the heads that allows you to turn your single stitch and needle speed up or down and yours is turned up to high I am not sure if it is in the same place as the other 20 inch heads but I will email Marky Mark and he will jump on the sight and talk you through it... just breath help is on the way!!!

OK Mark must be traveling the globe;) With any luck the Lenni is the same as all the other machines... trust me this will work LOL OK you should have a small whole in the side of your machine on the right hand side near the front close to the top.... see it??? it is just large enough for a screw driver head... inside in the top of a tiny screw... turn it to the right (away from you if you are standing at the front of the machine) this will slow down that single stitch so she doesn\'t want to runnnnnnn on for ever, it may take a few turns put a little at a time then test... the worse thing that can happen is you turn it down to much and it will take for ever for the needle to travel up and down when you hit the single stitch button if this happens.... turn it to the left LOL:P OK let us know if it worked!!!

• 5 months later...

Help -- am having a problem all of the sudden with my Millie -- it will not stop running -- the needle continues to go up and down -- only way I can stop it is to turn it off! Touching any of the buttons does not stop the machine -- reading through some others' problems, I wonder if this is the needle positioner thing? Does anyone know -- of course it is Saturday and I need to work on several quilts -- oh, well -- hope someone is more knowledgeable than me!! Thanks

I was having problems one day, minor though, and figured out if I shut the SR off, and used manual mode.. it ran fine. Turn SR on and after the machine was warmed up well, it would happen now and then. Still corrected itself if I turned SR off. Haven't had the problem since.. Can't remember what we did to correct it, or if we did anything.

Himself thinks the encoder wheels needed to be in more firm contact with the track.

RitaR

PATST,

Yes you might need to make an adjustment. If you have a new milli I know they changed the locaton of the bronz screw but as I recall somebody has posted how to adjust it on the new heads. My machine is almost a year old now so I have the "older" head. If you have that let me know and I can see if I can explain it. Look in your manual and see if you can find the adjustment on it.

Hi

To adjust the needle positioner on the 2008 Milli and your Lenni, the adjustment screw is on the right hand side of the machine when you are standing at the back of the machine. You will see a dark coloured "circle" remove itand the adjustment screw is in there. Check your manual for instructions. Remember to warm the machine up before making the adjustment.

Sue in Australia

Archived