Relay for Life quilt

Here\'s another quilt I just finished. Every year we do the local Relay for Life Quilt. This year I seem to be pressed for time so I needed something that would work up really fast and different. Most times we do feather wreaths, flowers, etc. This year I headed for the Circle Lord AZTEC template. I really like the way it turned out. I was going to fill in around the circles with some stipple or something but customers who came to drop off or pick up, said leave it alone. They liked it the way it was because it was so different. What do you think??? This wasn\'t a pattern I made up though, I stole the design from the AZTEC book that I bought with the template. I love cheat sheets :P:P

post--13461899240727_thumb.jpg

Carol, beautiful quilt. Do you have a raffle for it or is it a silent auction? At our Relay for life, they do a silent auction and there are usually a couple of quilts and a lot of other things that people can bid on. I think that this will make some big $$$ for your event.

The quilt is beautiful!

My 16 yr old\'s teacher is the "Gilbert AZ Relay for Life Chairperson" and my DD voluntered me to make (piece, quilt and bind) a queen size quilt for their silent auction. I am about 1/3 of the way through with the piecing...her teacher wants it by the begining of April. I hope I will be able to get it done in time, it will only have an ETE design on it since custom takes me too long to do.

Mary Beth;

yup those DDs do keep us on our toes, lol but her heart is in a good place. I did decide to use the batik fabrics that she picked out a while back that she wanted me to use in a quilt for her own use. I figure that she needed to contribute something to this good cause besides her mom\'s blood, sweat and tears. ;)

I am hopeing to get another 2 rows pieced today, there are 9 rows total and I have 2 done so far.

I will post pics of it when the quilt is pieced and quilted.

Archived