NQR - Out my back window

Just thought I\'d give you a look at our ice storm! The roads weren\'t bad, but the trees and power wires have been covered in ice for a few days! The sun is out and it\'s finally melting. Am sending these to my grandboys in CA. A rare sight for them.

Enjoy!

post--13461899331137_thumb.jpg

I was pumping out my cellar yesterday. The ice that you got was rain here. I had 3 inches of water that I pumped out before going to work and 4 inches when I got home that I had to get rid of. My backyard looked like a river. We are supposed to get more rain Friday night into Saturday. North of here in the Adirondacks they may get more snow. Needless to say the driving will be interesting. A nice fire and a good book and quilt to lay under sounds like a plan for the weekend.

Charlotte

Catherine you might have a guest. I am so sick of snow. A local around here built a snowman under a tree with a noose around his neck. Another person hung a white flag in surrender to the snow. We have had a major winter of snow.

Myrna, I\'ll come cook when I\'m done in Hawaii. :D

Aloha, now where did I put that grass skirt.....

What I love about this group of quilting friends is no one is afraid to admit that we leave the dishes in the sink and other such atrocities so that we can do what God put us on this earth to do - QUILT!

I just had my birthday dinner with a good friend and she came back for birthday cake - oops! only a FEW dishes in the sink and I only had to move fabric off one chair for her to sit on. The cup was clean for her tea and my pretty pink china plates looked really nice with a piece of chocolate angelfood cake with lots of whipped cream! Who cares that there are quilt tops piled up ready to be quilted! And Yes! I am 61 today. And as Erma Bombeck said before she passed away, I\'m not leaving anything undone - except maybe the dishes! OK, she didn\'t actually say that, but that was the idea!

LIVE!

Archived