Remedy for hanging CQ cords

TinaCollins

With all of the talk lately about the hanging CQ cords, I wanted to show everyone what one of my favorite customers (and friend!) did with her CQ wires. Elly lives in the Netherlands and has a very successful quilting business. She wanted her CQ to look as streamlined and sleek as possible... so she fashioned her own cord hanging system. I took these pictures about a year and a half ago when I went to visit her because I wanted to reapply (steal :P LOL!) her remedy for my own CQ! The channels are actually curtain holders from Ikea that she mounted on the underside of her table and the cord wraps are from HP. I thought Elly\'s idea was spectacular!!!

2250687840047028685S500x500Q85.jpg

2558906280047028685S500x500Q85.jpg

2111453000047028685S500x500Q85.jpg

That Elly is pretty ingenious, isn\'t she?:)

Tina, just in the nick of time. Mary Beth and I will be going to IKEA tomorrow when she arrives in Portland. Guess what I will be getting. I hate those darn cords laying on the floor collecting dust bunnies. Thank you for sharing. You were very thoughtful.

Nancy

Hi Darlene,

They look really tidy. I like how those wires are tied under the black box.

I\'ll be interested to see how Jim has dealt with the leads from the x axis motor and the motor box.

I have them cable tied to the back of the black table tension bar so they are not visible. They are tied from the back right hand side of the table to 6 inches to the right of the centre of the table. This means there is only just enough of the group of grey wires hanging to allow the machine to move to the left side of the table. I think this allows the machine to move more freely as its not dragging the weight of those wires

Best wishes

Sue in australia.

Sorry guys... I should have pointed out that we were in the middle of "hooking up" when I took these pics... I haven\'t cut the cable ties yet because we were not finished bundling the cables. - which is also why you can still see Elly\'s computer cables on the floor. If you look closely, Elly has her stepping motor, and computer on the opposite side of the table as we do. Her brother is an electrician/computer whiz and HE (NOT APQS) modified her set-up to better accomodate her studio.

I also band my wires together under the junction box in a couple of ways- right as they come out of the individual slots, and then all together as the pic shows. As far as the x pulley motor and stepping motor cables go, I band them along the table frame as they go along toward the back. I also "take up any slack" (the stepping motor cable is always longer than necessary for the usual set-up) using a figure eight shape along the path to the back of the table leg.

Archived