ditch tool

When going around applique I put on my base expander and my Micro-drive. Turn SR off and set my machine to a slow speed, I guide the machine with the right MD handle, flip up the left handle and use my left hand and fingers to manipulate the fabric close to the hopping to keep my stitch line right at the edge of the applique. This works well for me.

Myrna

Thanks Myrna. I am still pretty much a beginner, don\'t have the confidence to turn off the SR yet, but that is something you can teach me; I think I will want to set up a class with you when I come over this summer. How far in advance to you need to schedule?

Hi Catherine

It is I who makes the Dainty Ditcher and the Deluxe Dainty Ditcher. You can order from my website http://www.sewfarsewgood.org, Columbia River Quilting or Longarm Supplies in Canada. It is handy as a pocket!

Originally posted by seakitten

A few days ago someone mentioned the "Dainty Ditcher" (I think) for SID. I can\'t find the post. Who makes this & does it really help?

Almost, you just forgot to make the stitches as small as possible on the SR.

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

OK so to sum it up for comparison purposes... I understand that:

2) Per Sherry Rogers, for doing Stitch In Ditch, turn the speed WAY UP with the SR turned ON.

Do I got it right???

Archived