Sisters Quilt Show in July

I am going to the Sisters Quilt show in July. I was wondering if I can get hotel recommendations. I know last year quite a few of you ladies attended. I have booked hotels on the internet but the last 2 times the pictures of the hotels must have been from 10 years ago because they sure didn\'t look the same when we arrived.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi Sonja,

The lodging at the Sister\'s quilt show is almost non-existent at this point, I am sorry to say. A year in advance is a good plan.

That is a week that the hotels can charge a higher rate & the minimums are usually a week.

Here is a link to a great gal I use, she has some nice rentals at the last minute, Sherry & I stayed in a awesome condo 2 blocks away last year, so you never know. (Get on her "last call" list)

http://www.sistersvacation.com/

You may want to ask about the community of Tollgate which is 1 mile from town, if you have several people going to rent a reasonable house. Great bike paths & swimming etc.

Good luck in your search you\'ll find me behind the Stitchin Post lawn working in the APQS & H.P. booth!;)

I visited Sisters three years ago. Since we had to travel from Washington State, we drove down to Eugene the afternoon before and had no trouble finding a hotel there. We had breakfast and headed out the next morning at 8 am. We arrived in Sisters in about two hours--a glorious drive--and enjoyed the whole day.

Will you be driving from Colorado? You may still have luck finding a hotel in Bend.

Hi Sonja,

Yes I think Bend is your next best option, just do a Google search on lodging in Bend, Oregon, or try Expedia to see what availability is.

Lots of great places to stay, I am sure you can find something, leave your name on all the waiting lists & something will come up I am sure.

"Or" maybe you could crash Jen\'s party for a sleepover at her friend’s house?:P

I\'m going with the LQS. We leave Portland about 6:30, play bingo on the way over, and eat breakfast. Spend the entire day in town, then head home, stopping in Salem for fast food dinner. If you want to go that route, the shop site is www.hearttohandonline.com

Hope to see you there!

Beth

Jen: That does sound like an interesting person to visit.

My husband, best friend and her hubby will be flying in and renting a car. After Sisters we will run around the area for another 3 days. I don\'t think your friend would welcome that many unknowns.

The bus trip sounds really fun but don\'t think I could get either male on it. My hubby does great at quilt stores but my friends hubby is not quite so laid back. But putting them on a bus with 20+ women all talking fabric would send them over the edge. Thanks for the information though.

We went to Sisters last year and had an absolutely fabulous day. If poss, wear a hat and plenty of sunscreen.

We managed to get a room in Bend, think it was a Motel/Hotel 8. Pretty basic but clean and best of all it was a short drive to Sisters the following morning before the traffic had time to build up.

Chris

I also just got a room reserved in Bend for this years quilt show. Now, I just need to convince my DH that he can get away from the house for a couple of days so that we can go on a very long walk around Sisters to look at all the beautiful quilts.

Archived