hey......back to chat and quilt.......

Did you miss me????:cool:

The last weeks I was at at a show in Germany and one day later at skiing vacancies in the austrian alpes( beautiful snow!!!!)

I´m back since saturday last week.....and I have to be busy to prepare:

1)My showquilt -----missing still the binding and the chrystalls!;)

2) the friendship quilt blocks------ are you complaining , if they are done out of my own fabric line , coming out at spring market in Portland in middle may???? You will be the first, who will see and own a piece out of my fabrics?;), but I have to ignore colour wishes;)

3) 3 or 4 quilts out of my fabric line for Spring market in Portland

4. several customer quilts, one of those is a competition quilt at the european quiltchampionships end of the month

4) Taking a movie......seeing me while freemotion quilting based on loes and Theo´s faboulous panto designs

5) Yes, last , but not least.....taking care of my boys and friend waiting at home until Claudia is coming home;)

( BTW: the boys are doing fantastic skiing......and although their mom isn´t bad too:cool: , they are faster!)Hope to see you all at MQS......counting the days....

Claudia Pfeil

It\'s been waaaay to quite with out you Claudia!;)

I am looking forward to the unveiling of your fabric!

What booth shall I look in?

Spring skiing is the best! Lots of fresh powder & sun, doesnt get any better than that!

Hi Claudia,

Thanks again for the wonderful day in your Studio yesterday!

We loved every minute of it and seeing you filling the sheep panto and the paisley panto for the Fun Filler Panto lesson on our mutual CD-Project was amazing! The Berberry sheep came out beautifully and the Curly sheep is beautiful too, even the sheep with the bad hairday is too funny!

And the Paisley pantos: your threadart is fantastic!

I am trying to upload a little movie here (don\'t know if it will work, otherwise I will post some pictures instead.

Loes and Theo

post--1346189947114_thumb.jpg

Oh Loes and Claudia you aren\'t playing fair! I want to see the video! I won\'t be able to go to MQS either, don\'t you want to come to MQX? It is less than 2 weeks away! I have extra room if you want to fly in...the airport is only 10 minutes from my house and the drive is only 3 hours! You both have such lovely designs!

The sheep panto is part of my MQS class "Fun Filler Pantos":

it\'s a basic (but cuuuuute) panto of 5 sheep, to be traced with the laser stylus on the machine.

Then you come to the front of your machine and start freemotioning inside the sheep shapes and this is sooo much fun!

Claudia is a true artist and she really doens\'t need pantos to draw anything she wants, but she loved to do this anyhow: every sheep came out differently, one with a bad hairday, a scottish or Burberry sheep (great to practice cross hatching), a feather sheep, a striped and a curly sheep.

The fun of my Fun Filler Panto lesson is that once you get the panto shapes on the quilt, you can fill it with anything! So this will definitely take out the fear of freemotioning ...

And drawing the shapes in Pre-Design is real easy: just draw one, copy paste (and yes, we had one sheep mirrored, it just mehehehed to look the other way) then print at actual size, tape the pages together and your panto is ready.

The Fun Filler panto lesson plus the sheep and paisley panto designs are on our new CD: "In Your Dreams... you can create quilt patterns" which will be released at MQS and be available via Claudia and ourselves - after MQS via our websites. Lots of stuff on it :)

So Heidi, as you can\'t come to MQS, the CD will be the next best thing.

Loes

Loes,

The CD is on my list! I love Pre-Design! It is just so easy! I just need more time to play! Thanks for the info.

Oh as a side note, any of you that have never worked with Loes I can attest to their desire to provide a quality product and they respond quickly! I was having a problem with my loaded Pre-Design (turned out to be computer specific) but Loes and hubby worked to fix my problem. I was even get emails late at night from them! You can\'t go wrong with any of their products!

Good morning to all:D

Heidi....I won´t be able to go to MQS - even it sounds wonderful and exciting to me, but then I won´t get done, what I need to do;)

Grammie.... I´m doing fine....and I´m looking forward to hug you at MQS!

Mary Beth.... It was my real concern that someone or me would have broken some bones at skiing holiday*lol, but thanks God....nothing happened!:D

Loes and Theo.... thanks for having such great ideas like the tutorial CD - yeahhh....it was soo much fun to work with you!

Linda and Kennan..... My fabric line.....rich and opulent, called Arabesque - is printed by Benartex......so please have a look at their booth in Portland - probably I won´t be there, because I will teach in Kansas at the same date;) But who knows ...;):cool:

I will publish some pictures of the fabrics asap!

Have a great weekend......

Counting the days till MQS..........

Clauida Pfeil

Archived