NQR-the wonder of nature......

Hi all, I had to share this photo. Momma bunny had been very busy with this nest about a week ago, then she started laying on top of it (nursing) Now she kind of keeps her distance, but still with an eye in that direction, so as not to draw attention. It is right out the back door on our farmette. The cutest thing is when you get close enough they start popping out of the nest like jumping beans looking for a snack. SOOO cute!

post--13461899745552_thumb.jpg

I love bunnies!

We have them on our property, you just have to watch the cats, they love them too!:( (I have saved a few from the mighty hunters)

Originally posted by quiltaholi_518

The fuzzy stuff on the nest is fur. I am not sure how she gets is there, it wasn\'t there after she made the nest, so maybe just from laying on the nest to nurse them???

No Caron...actually they pull the fur from their tummies just after the babies are born...1) to uncover the dinner plates, and 2) to cover the tiny tiny tiny babies. A Cottontail when born is only about the size of a quarter so these little guys are a couple of weeks old I\'m guessing, and just about ready to leave the nest for good.

They are so cute....and smart. We had rescue rabbits after a hay mowing accident...they lived in the house until they were off the bottle...and always stayed close to the house after that....

Too cute. I love bunnies too. The house that we bought last year had a pet bunny in a pen in the back yard when we went thru the house to see it for the first time. I think I bought the house just for the bunny, but they took him with them!!!BooHoo. Oh well, no bunny pellets to clean up that way.:)

Archived