No Thread problems - Happy Dancing

I have completed two quilts with no thread breakage since my recent nightmare with that other quilt. Yesterday I loaded a top and quilted it with King Tut and finished it in just a few hours. I am not ever using that other brand again. While I'm sure it's a good product, breaking makes it unusable.

:) Connie :)

APQS Millennium

Southwest Indiana

Me too! For clarification, I meant I won't use the thread again that was breaking. The King Tut was fabulous and I will definitely be using it.

I have quite a few tops to quilt in October and hope all of them go smoothly!

We're off to our weekend place today and maybe I can talk DH into stopping at the quilt shop on the way, I hope.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

:) Connie

Hi...

Just to update...I've been so frustrated at times with my tension...thought I tried everything...then somewhere here the other day someone mentioned changing the bobbin case. I did that yesterday and the quilt went like a dream...such a happy camper!!!:P:P:P

As to the King Tut, Linda, I like the way it looks on the quilt (?) and how often the colour changes is nice.

Sandra

I really appreciate all the information on thread. I had a major problem with thread breakage and I thought it was that I just am too inexperienced to run a long arm machine. I tried everything - other than switching thread - because it was a brand new spool, I didn't have a problem with the spool before that one and felt good when I ran my fingers along the thread. I was so upset (I had a major meltdown) and ready to just give up on trying to use the long arm machine. I had just had it retimed (my hubby retimed it) after I accidently hit a pin an blew a fuse. Being the calm, cool and collected one in our home, he suggested I go online and just see if there were any suggestions about thread. I read all of your posts, took a deep breath, and switched spools to a different type. Voila! It worked - I finished the quilt and it looks beautiful. Thank you so much for your answers! I'm enjoying quilting again - and think that MAYBE I can actually do it!

Mary

HI,

Does the King Tut work in the background? Or do the color changes make the thread very noticeable? I am used to working with variegated thread, but I would love suggestions for a thread that I could use on a scrappy baby quilt....one that would be okay with the fabric changes and not stand out quite so much.

Maybe the answer is that I can't use just one thread. Maybe I need to use one on the dark fabric and another on the lights.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Linda/9patch

Hi, Mary! I just read your post. You said that you had hit a pin and blown a fuse, then had to retime your machine. The same thing happened to me; my machine hit a very thick seam, jammed and blew the fuse. It hasn't been right since. I am just wondering what were your "symptoms" before you retimed it? I immediately thought mine might need to be retimed, but in looking at the bobbin area, the needle appeared to be in the right place, and my stitches are fine on the whole. But now it shakes, not violently, but enough to be bothersome, when it was very smooth before. I hadn't wanted to fix what might not be broken, so am just wondering how yours acted after its incident, if your bobbin/needle area obviously was out of whack or how it behaved, if maybe that's the problem with mine. Thanks!!

Archived