New Marking Pencil

We just got in our new mechanical marking pencils that we ordered at Spring Market. They are fabulous. The pencils are Sewline Fabric Pencils. They are made in Japan. They work just like a mechanical pencil, are refillable, come in five colors, erasable -- AND -- the best thing of all -- they work great!!!!! I used the "white" pencil yesteday to mark a couple of motifs. I could not believe how well the pencil works. I got a nice fine fine that did not wipe off. I was able to erase the line after I quilted the motif. The colors are white, red, black (really a charcoal color), yellow and green.

We got ours from United Notions. We have had them about a week and have already sold 1/2 of the display. If you do not have a wholesale account, check with your local quilt shop. Checker or other distributors may carry these items.

I think the pencil retails for about 12.95 and it comes with a pack of refills.

Sandra

I used a Bohin mechanical pencil to mark my Hick Chick quilt. It worked great. The marks were easy to see the firt time marked and didn\'t rub off (it had an eraser and you could erase a small bit but a large one would be a pain). It washed out fine.

I don\'t know if this is the same pencil. It only came with white chalk/leads.

I can\'t even find a picture of the one I used even googling it by name. The LQS I bought it from said they got it at Houston Market.

If there is anyone on the west coast looking for these new pencils I have them in both white and black lead

pencil with refill lead $12.95

Eraser stick 3.75

eraser stick refill (2) 3.00

email me if you are interested.

Raquel Birch

APQS Sales Representative

Central California

r.birch@sbcglobal.net

Archived