"New Machine" has a home

That is so cool and now has a new home. You are one lucky lady to have such a prize. They are fantastic machines. Are you going to use it or just admire it? I love the old Singers!! I still hope to find one for myself. Congrats on your new baby!!!;)

Renae

Yep, I am using it. I cleaned it up this morning and gave her a drink of oil. I need to get some Singer machine lubricant to go into her little tank and then she will be good to go. I have tested her out on some scrap fabric and she runs perfectly. I plan to leave her in the livingroom so I can piece in the evenings. I hate being off in the basement all day and then all evening too. This way I can at least look out the window once in a while :)

www.craigslist.org

It is a classified ads on the web. You can go in and select your state and city and type in what you are looking for...such as..."sewing" - I go into craigslist several times a day and type "sewing" it will bring up any ad with that word in the ad. Now, sometimes a guy with a muscle car will put an ad in that says his car runs like a Singer Sewing Machine...then I get those ads too, but for the most part is real sewing machines.

They have all kinds of listings. Give it a try. It\'s like a gigantic garage sale at your finger tips.

Also, if I don\'t find something in my area I just go to google and type (for example) singer 201 craigslist - all listing on craigslist everywhere comes up. It\'s kind of fun.

Thank you Shana. It is really a nice machine. I don\'t have a clue why I am so excited about this thing. It\'s just fun - I love old stuff!

Archived