I just finished...

my last customer quilt. As many of you know, I decided to quit my quilting business a few months ago. But I had one last quilt that was a custom job and the customer didn\'t want it right a way because she was saving $$ for a custom job. Well...it is done and I am so excited to be quilting my own quilts:D:P:) I am hoping next week to finish my daughter\'s wedding quilt...she was married 2 years ago. I will post a picture when I am done with it.

I have so many ideas running around that it is sometimes hard to find a place to start!:D

Cheryl

Dancing with joy!

Weeeelllll, I am so happy for you!! I can\'t wait to see what you do with yourself.

Yes, I know about the wedding quilt stuff. Jen got her quilt over 1 year late...gave it to her with Haylee\'s quilt. My oldest step son was married last year in September...some of the blocks are done. My youngest step son has a steady girl....any minute I expect them to come through the door with a ring...I\'ll probably sit down and cry.

Congrats, congrats....now you can have some fun!!!

To answer the how long I had my business....5 years. And yes...I\'ll post pictures:)

Mary Beth...I am glad I am not alone on finishing a wedding quilt. But the sad news it that by the time it gets done it will be a divorce quilt. That is sometimes how life works out for better or worse.

Cheryl

Sorry to hear you\'re quiting, but at least you\'ll be able to get your own done! You\'ll probably get bored when you catch up and then someone will bug you to quilt one for them and the next thing you know..................you\'ll be back at it. Maybe just a different pace. Please keep up on the board and keep all of us updated on your quilts!

As for my quilts, I work mine in as I quilte for others. When I get the backing, binding (I put mine on while it\'s still on my Milli) all done and ready, I fold it all over a hanger and put it at the end of the line up of customer quilts. The next Customer quilt goes in line at the end after mine. If I don\'t work them in that way, I NEVER get to them!

I am just finishing up on a quilt for a couple married just over a year ago. I didn\'t tell them they are getting a quilt so there is no pressure on me. I have to finish the label and then sew it on. Since I am retired my time is my own. If I want to goof off and do nothing I can but I do like to sew and quilt instead. I just have to keep telling myself there is no deadline, enjoy what you are doing.

Pamela

Archived