Grandmother's Memory quilt--with lots of feathers

HI all---haven't posted in a while--but tried to keep up with reading--and there are some beautiful quilts going out--keep up the great work!!

This is a customer quilt--wedding gift for her DD--the blocks are from her mother who just passed away this spring--and the mother had little slips of paper pinned to each block with the name on it--so she photo transfered them to fabric and appliqued them in the sashing. The only request she gave me was feather it and whatever else is up to you.

I have just started to attemt feathers on customer quilts--so this one was really fun to do.

Enjoy!!

post--13461900111535_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! That quilt is beautiful and it is going to be treasured forever and handed down for years to come. That story made the tears roll down my face as I read it and thinking of you quilting it knowing it was going to this womans daughter at her wedding. Bring out the kleenexes.........the tears will be rolling when this gift is unwrapped.

You did a wonderful job and your feathers are beautifully done.....they are so smooth and even looking. Keep posting your pics.......I love to see great workmanship. Thanks for the great story with this quilt too.

Renae

Archived