MB's Elephant Quilt

You mean this quilt??

I can do one better. She always sends the pattern directions with the quilt. It is a pattern from a kit from JoAnns, called Spice Meadows. It says it is available throught April 2006. But maybe you can find it online or in a clearance section. It measures 87"x87". It looks like the center block is 28 1/2" and each pieced block is 12 1/2" . Does that help?

post--13461900159639_thumb.jpg

Mary Beth - in looking at this quilt again, I wonder if the customer forgot to trim the center block to size after doing the applique..... you know how with applique the background fabric always starts off larger than you need it?

Is it possible to remove just the center block, resize it and piece it back in? Would that be easier than trying to "quilt it into shape"?

Just a thought......

I'm sure you will do fine...:)

Be sure and post photos when you are done but before the quilting. And after the quilting, of course! :D

One other thought: after taking out the center block - would it work to just "applique" the quilt onto the center? You would just turn under the 1/4" on the first sashing, slide the block under it as if it were a frame, then stitch it down either by hand or with the machine.....

Maybe that would send you to the funny farm!! :D;)

MB,

I would fix this using Sharon Schambers piecelique technique. Maybe that would work. On second thought, maybe not. It would involve glue. The rumor is that you and glue don't get along all that well!! You'd definitely be sent to the funny farm after that. :P:P

Debbi

What a great question...can't wait to hear the answers!! :D:P

When I discovered there was a problem, I called and told her that I didn't want to fix it because I would have to charge her for it and I would rather she do it. Then when she came to get it, she was visibly stressed...now I am too :) To my surprise she said, "You just go ahead and fix it and I'll pay ya." :o Huh? How did that happen?? Okay, now I have to figure out how to charge. I know it should be by the hour...but I have no idea how much per hour. Don't want to do it for free....don't want to run her off because she made one little 3" mistake.

I haven't started this one yet, because of the "problems" it was set aside and I went on....now I get to back track and slip it back in. I'll probably start it in a week or so. Hey, Linda Card did such a great job on that quilt she posted the other day, and she will be at my house Thursday night...for the entire weekend...maybe I have a job for little Linda ;):D

Archived