This would be funny if not so sad

Originally posted by PattyJo

She didn't do as well as DH last night. Still getting sick, but it's clear liquid. Anyway, we are still monitoring her food intake and water trying to find the magic combination to help her not to get sick. I'm hopeing that by changing her food, she will get over this every night business.

OK, now I've got to get a quilt on the machine. I've procrastinated long enough. :cool:

Patty Jo,

I'm sorry your kitty is still sick too! The vet told us that cats tend to not let you know they are sick until they are really sick. We were just so surprised that Sugar was just fine on Friday and then by Sunday not eating. She thought that perhaps the stress of the visiting dog might have just pushed her over the edge. Fuzz was on his best behavior though while he was here. I'm better about putting her down if we have to than hubby is! It is not a decision I want to make but force feeding her to keep her going just ins't a viable solution. We'll see how she is doing by tomorrow but I've told hubby that if she isn't eating on her own by Tuesday then we have to make that difficult decision and stop letting her suffer. The vet so wants her to make it. I feel so bad for her because she is a stress cat to begin with and I know being at the vets is only harder for her. We will be leaving for vacation on Friday on top of everything. The vet said they would kennel her for us if she makes it. We have had to make that decision once before, our dog Bandit and I still cry when I think about her. We had her almost 16 years and she was such a love! Sugar was hard to grown on peoples hearts but she has on ours. My MIL feels really bad that she is so sick because when I first told her she was sick she said, "thats all her nastiness coming out." Well needless to say my MIL doesn't like her and Sugar doesn't like her either. She starts to hiss as soon as she see's her. They are too much alike I think and that is why they don't like each other :P:P:P! My MIL keeps telling me how sorry she is. She really is a real cat lover and so disappointed that Sugar didn't like her!

Hopefully today will be the turn-around that both our kittys need!

Patty Jo,

Am so sorry things are still rough with DH but glad he had a better day. I do have to say that I chuckled over your story - kitty and DH all at once:D:D. Have had similar things happen to me and if I didn't laugh, I would be dead by now. Aren't we lucky to maintain the gift of a smile and the sound of laughter through the worst of times.............. Prayers remain with you and I look forward to meeting.

Renae, Heidi & Meg. thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. Laughter is truely a medicine for the soul. When I can't do anything about this insidious disease, I try to keep my thoughts positive, but there are times when I can get down. Then when I see the humor of the situation, I think it helps me to re-focus on the things that are important and those other things that in the scope of eternity, mean very little. My priorities have really changed thru all of this. Now I'm focusing on what I do have, not on what I want. Thanks again for listening. :cool:

Keep it up Patty Jo!!!

When my daughter was alive, I learned the hard way that there is always something worse in the world - maybe we don't have exactly what we want, but sure as can be, there are some things I absolutely would not want to deal with & I always felt that no matter how bad things got, I knew that I was luckier than some. Let yourself have your down times - it is good for the soul. Just never let them last. Also, let your good friends know that you might need a pick up. Sometimes it is hard to know how to help the ones we love, so sometimes your friends are just grateful to keep you smiling.

You are in my thoughts:)

For those of you out there that are wondering, DH is doing much better & so is kitty. First night in a month that kitty did not hurl during the night. YEAAAAAAAAAAA. This is a big event as both DH & I wake up when she does. I haven't checked all the nooks and crannies, but I think she also had a good night. It has to be the fool that I changed her to. I guess, that some kitty's have a champaign tummy and I was trying to keep her on a beer budget!! LOL Hopefully this will be the norm from now on. :D

Heidi, how is your kitty. I was telling DH your story and he and I are both wondering. Hopefully, she is doing better and is home. :cool:

Archived