Hello from Louisiana

Hey Everyone - I just saw on CNN this morning that the Red Cross has had to go to using a Line of Credit for money now, they do not have enough donations from individuals to fund their relief efforts. They are providing 400,000 meals everyday in the south right now. Anything could help. I wanted to make a contribution to a presidential candidate, now I think I'll give that little bit of money to the Red Cross instead.

I've been thinking about you as you got hit by Hannah. Ditto - I haven't heard much from the media about areas other than New Orleans - what a huge oversight. I know hear that Ike may be heading for you, too. If you want an escape for a bit, I'm in the Chicago area - if you can get a flight out (or a drive if you want) I would be happy to offer you refuge while needed....of course, as a newbie, I might ask you for a lesson or two on my Millie....:>) Best wishes. Let us know how you make out. I'll be thinking of you all and saying a prayer or two....

I'm glad you are okay..my DH is down there in Layfette helping out with his troops memebers. They did hear someone shot at a Gaurd member *not his troop* and the guy shot back...must have been luck or just both just bad shots...as no one got shot or wounded..My hubby still has no idea when he will be back home to me here in Missouri. Hope everyone stays safe for the next round that is coming and hopes it dies down and just brings in rain instead ;)

Hey Everybody,

This my 3rd night at the shop. It is 12:45 am and I just finished organizing all of my cones of Superior Threads. They are organized by type and number. If I am still here tomorrow night I will do my stencils. Today I worked on a sampler quilt. It was fun and I did not have any interuptions. That is a change. I hope I get power at home soon b/c I have not seen DH since Thursday night. He does not have power at his office or warehouses. In addition, his offices were robbed and vandalized Monday during the hurricane. He is staying at home keeping the generators going. My SIL works for the Waste Water Department so he has been working 24 hour shifts and my daughter is an EMT. She has been working a lot of overtime too. She evacuated premie babies out of Houma before the storm hit. If Ike comes this way she will be doing the same thing we just don't know where.

Today we got to eat a restaurant. Wow that was great; hot food. Starbucks is still closed :(. I could sure go for a latte.

Ok everybody send "power" thoughts to Baton Rouge and surrounding areas. It has been 7 days and still over 50% of people are without power.

TTYL,

Sandra

I have squared one off this way.

I had a customer bring me 2 pieces of upholstry type fabric that she wanted quilted together and they were huge! When I was done quilting them, I wasn't looking forward to triming them and that's when I thought to use the channel locks and I basted a line for me to follow. It worked great!!!!

Archived