Hi,

I'm missing all the inspiring eye candy lately.

And since I think that any no-fat, calorie-free goodies are a great treat at this time of the year, here's a picture of a silk customer quilt I've quilted yesterday.

As I had hubby set up our temporary photography studio, we did a whole photographing session of all the customer quilts I finished recently - so there're more new pics in my webshots.

What has everybody else been working on lately?

Enjoy, Birgit

post--13461897694965_thumb.jpg

Hi Birgit!

Goodness gracious, you are doing incredibly beautiful work!

I am very impressed with your skills that you have developed in the time you have owned your machine!:D

Yes, I think you & Claudia are putting quilting on the "map" in Germany!

Keep up the great work & pat yourself on the back!

Looking forward to more of that wonderful eye candy! LoL!:D

Linda

Cynthia,

I wouldn't say that there is a secret rule to use contrasting bindings more often than matching ones. At least I haven't noticed any such tendency.

For me, I use both methods depending on what I think best suits the quilt in question - and I use pieced bindings, too.

With heavily pieced borders, I tend to use an unspectacular binding that seems to blend in the the overall piece. But that's just my personal rule of thumb - that I have no problem to break whenever I think it's necessary...

Birgit

Wow Birgit,

Awesome quilting on your customers silk pinwheel quilt--THANK YOU for showing the back too -- shows off all your hard work. Did you do anything different handling or loading the silk quilt versus a cotton quilt?

Thank you for sharing, Allison Bayer, Plano, Texas

Beautiful quilting, Birgit. I like how you made larger feathers for the larger pinwheels, then smaller feathers for the smaller pinwheels. That's very creative thinking & quilting. The back of the quilt is just as gorgeous as the front! Thanks for sharing!~:D

Pat

AZ

Mille

Archived