Need a retirement quote for a memory quilt

Hi,

A friend and I are making a memory quilt for someone we have worked with for about 12 years. We chose a Single Irish Chain using 5 inch finished blocks. The quilt will have a gold background fabric to write on which will match Lisa's decor. We distributed the 5" plain blocks to people to write a sentiment on. After we get them all back (they last few blocks are due back tomorrow) Betty will finish assembling it and putting on the borders. Hopefully by early next week I will get it to quilt and bind.

But...I still need to write my saying or wishes on a block and I am going blank. I know I could say, "Best wishes on your retirement," but I would like to say something a bit more creative.

Can anyone suggest something I could use?

Thanks,

Sandy

I’m retired - goodbye tension, hello pension!

- Anonymous

The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.

- Abe Lemons

Life begins at retirement.

Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.

- Gene Perret

Retirement is the time when you never do all the things you intended to do when you were still working.

Linda, Edie (I love my Liberty, too) and Shana,

Thank you all for responding. I think I will go with one of Linda's sayings:

"May the years ahead be filled with joy and peace and may you always treasure the friendships you made here. Happy retirement Lisa!"

I also love "I'm retired. Goodbye tension, hello pension." Except...no pension from our company, so not appropriate, but I will hold onto it for future use. I also like, "Life begins at retirement." That is my backup in case I can't fit all the words from Linda's saying onto the small square.

Thanks again,

Sandy

Archived