Kitchen remodel next phase

Here's hoping that this picture is of a reasonable size for viewing. The lath and plaster is off, I get to do some cleanup of nail removal this morning. Cabinet guy comes on Mon. to measure. Between now and cabinet installation we've got to move electrical and put up sheetrock. I get to take the trailer on Mon. to the recycle place to dump all the lath. Joy, rapture!

Beth

OH Beth my dear, your getting so close to that finished product!

Hubby and I remodeled our last house, before we built this one, AND, we have a house we "flipped" that we stripped all down and remodeled the whole dang house.

I bet you just cant wait now!!!

Here's where it starts to look like a kitchen again.

We shut everyone out of the kitchen while we're working. Keeping doors between the kitchen and other rooms closed off to attempt to keep the dust down. Seems to help, the dust on the hand rails down the basement steps is getting thicker by the minute!

Okay, wrote down the dimesions, now to see if I can find them next time.

Oooo! Want to come do mine next? I can only imagine what will be found behind my cabinets. Probably lots of dead mice. They used to get into the cabinets until I learned to stuff steel wool into the little holes they used in their tunneling. I'm hoping to get new cabinets in a couple of years. My kitchen is huge, but very out-dated.

Linda

Oh Beth, my heart goes out to you. We decided to gut our kitchen down to the studs

when we added on 600 sq ft breakfast nook and den. The kitchen was out of service

to 2 months; washing dishes in thee bathtub...ick. We were able to live in there

after about 3 months. But it took another 9 years (yes, years) to finish the baseboards, etc.

I love the bones in that room. You are keeping those wonderful windows,

aren't you? I love that arch, too. I can't wait for the next update. The key

to remodeling is flexibility and some red wine doesn't work, either.

Sylvia,

Toby is the nicest dog I have ever met! I stayed the weekend with Beth one time and Tody, Mashall, and some cat (sorry - I'm really bad with names lately) would come into my room (by my invitation) and we would sit in the floor and I would pet, and pet, and pet them some more. Toby just smiles all the time. He is such a loveable dog. If I could have stuffed him into my suite case I would have tried. But then, I would have had to hide him here at home....that would have been tough!

Now here is the other side of the coin! We could completely take out the kitchen and I would be okay with it. I raised 2 really good kids and tons of dogs, cats, monkeys, foxes, fish, and birds (hope I did not leave anyone out) and they all ended up perfectly normal. I cooked, cleaned, did laundry and did the taxi thing while teaching full time. When I retired I decided DH was older than I was and had 2 perfectly healthy hands and could purchase groceries and cook as well as the next guy soooooo..... I cook about once a week and clean about that often and we are happy as we ever were! Now, that 's just me; I'm not saying everybody has to live that way! Leni and I spend a lot of quality time together and DH is okay with that!

Archived