"Cat and the Fiddle" Custom Baby Quilt

I just finished this today - the customer gave me free reign.  She lets me quilt all of her quilts so I only charged her Edge to Edge for this...plus there were a few sketchy spots, I'm still perfecting custom quilting!!  This is for her newborn Grandson, I tried to make it special.  The center panel fabric is from that nursery rhyme, "hey diddle diddle,the cat and the fiddle..."

8675519765_68b955f69a.jpg

8675521521_db8fb75bf6.jpg

8676627458_533ff55e78.jpg

Oh how cute! Here I thought the spoons were a perfect for the nursery rhyme. I'm sure you are talking about their shape, but that's what I thought was so perfect, that they didn't look perfect but more like a nursery rhyme spoon should look. Your customer is going to be so happy!! The quilt is darling!!

Val, I was going to say the same thing Bonnie said but she beat me to it = the spoons are cute the way they came out.  Think about how a small child learns, they learn shapes of things.  So a little child would easily tell us that that is a spoon, and that is what matters! How fun this quilt is, and I'm really tickled for you that the customer found the same charm that we have!

Aww thank you Marci!  That was my intent when I put the spoons, moons, and clouds there - I thought about my two year old and how she loves to identify things!!!  

The customer is just the sweetest lady.  This is the fourth quilt she's sent me and she knows I've just started long arming...she is so positive and supportive about everything I do.  She is happy to get quilts finished and I am grateful that she lets  me play!  :)

Val, I was going to say the same thing Bonnie said but she beat me to it = the spoons are cute the way they came out.  Think about how a small child learns, they learn shapes of things.  So a little child would easily tell us that that is a spoon, and that is what matters! How fun this quilt is, and I'm really tickled for you that the customer found the same charm that we have!

Archived