Chicken Wire Template

Does anyone know where I can get a template of some chicken wire? :) I know this sounds pretty "red neck", but I have made this addorable Buggy Barn chicken quilt and my husband thought it would look neat if I did a chicken wire design for the quilting. I have tried to copy some real chicken wire on the copy machine, but it did not turn out very well. :( Not sure what else to try or do. Any ideas, help or web sites would be wonderful! Thanks! Heather

If you have a CQ, Sweet Dreams Quilt Studio has one. I don't know if they sell paper pantos.

I drew one up using a hexagon stencil. It wasn't hard to do. I know there is one out there on paper. There is also another post from a while back regarding this same question. You might want to do a search on this subject.

Cheryl

Some one told me they used a three-sided template (half of a hexagon) - and turned the template to complete the comb look of a chicken wire fence.

They just moved the template as they needed it for the top side of the fence, then flipped the template and followed it for the bottom side of the fence.

The chicken wire using this method looked like a honey-comb shape...

the design looked really neat when completed and complimented the rooster and chickens appliqued on the quilt.

| | | | | | | | | |

| | | |

| | | |

| | |

| | | |

| | | |

| | | | | | | |

oh well, so much for my art work...but maybe you get the idea...anyone can feel free to jump in....

Please learn from my mistake. Chicken wire from the hardware store is not a pantograph. I found a panto called "Honeycomb", but I can't remember where I got it, or who made it. If you can't find anything anywhere else, send me a U2U, and when I get home, I'll track it down.

By the way, I've got about 12' of chicken wire somewhere if someone wants it.

Beth

Oh my!! That is exactly what I am looking! And your quilt is too darn cute! Thanks Myrna for your help as well. And famous last words, the check is in the mail! ;) But no, really it is. :) I can not wait to use this template (or at least try to) I will send pictures when I am done so that you can all see. Thanks again for all the info and help. You gals really are great. But I will keep that under wraps, I would not want to ruin a reputation! :D Thanks again!

Archived