Plastic rectangles

ccohrs

Did you get the Hartley Base expander with your machine? If so these plastic rectangles may be the rulers to go with it. Especially if they are 1/4 inch thick.

To find the centre of your canvasses pin them together (two at a time) and roll forward then back. Measure from one end then put on your channel lock and stitch a line across both canvasses.

Lyn

IF YOU GOT THE LENNI

the plastic rectangles are to use with pantographs. they are holders to put on the paper panto's so it will stay in place. AT least that is what I am using them for. they are not thick enough to be a ruler. Mine are 112 inches long and 4 1/2 wide. and about 1/4 inch thick. Just put them on each end of your panto and it should stay in place.

:cool: JP

I think Jeannne meant to type 12". I have plastic rectangles with my Lenni too, and Jeanne is right, they are used to hold down your panotgraph on either end of the table. My rectangles measure 5" by 14". I really do not think what size they are makes a difference as their purpose is only to hold the ends of the pantographs down. You lay them ontop of the pantographs to hold the pantograph on the tabletop.

Christine...do you have a Lenni?

Please explain more about your canvas rolls not being even...are you talking about the canvas or the metal rollers? ....is the canvas not even ...or when you roll the canvas on the rollers not even? If you have the Lenni do you have the standard table or the stowaway table? Please give us more details so we can narrow down the problem solving.

Hi all

Thank you for all the help, about the plastic retangles that is what I thought " holding down the pantos"

The canvas does not line up when you look at the three rolls and the edges of the canvas don't line up. What I have done is measure the complete metal rolls and put a mark on each canvas and it seems to be the centre.

I think when the canvas was glued to the rollers they didn't measure an even distance from each end.

Yes I do have the Lenni, have done a bit of quilting and will have a lesson soon.

Thanks again

Christine

ps. when I first posted the message, I must have sent it to the Deutschsprachig section by mistake

Hi Christine

Good to hear you are already quilting! Hope you are having fun.

About the canvas not being centred on the rollers, don't worry too much about that, it doesn't matter what is happening on the outer edges of the canvas. If you look at the edge of the canvas pretty close to the middle on the front roller (the one you pin your backing to) you should have a mark which represents the centre - pull the canvas on the roller that goes through the throat of the machine to meet the front roller and place a mark on it that lines up with the one that is on the front roller, then mark the 2nd roller canvas in the same place. Use these markings to load backing and top fabric and everything will be centred. I'll show you when I see you, if thats not clear.

Best wishes

sue in australia

Christine, if your Lenni has the two piece rollers, we just recently found out they can be switched end for end, some of them, and one side of the roller is longer than the other.. Couldn't figure out why our leaders always seemed about 2" off, until we measured from the side bar to the break in the rollers.. Bwalla... one side is longer.

RitaA

Archived