Fly Wheel Cover

Sparkle

mrm:P:P:D:D

Dory--Sewer's aid is a liquid silicone thread conditioner used to tame unruly--especially cotton---thread. I slather it on King Tut when I use BL bobbins to stop the dreaded breaks or occasional loops. I don't even start quilting with cotton thread of any kind without using it. I think it depends on your humidity and how linty the thread is. I need stock in the company!

Glad to hear the flywheel now comes with new machines - but like John said - you could go a very long time without needing it, but trust me - better SAFE now then SORRY later!!! :mad: When you are working forever on digging out all of that thread!!! GRRR!!! Well worth the time or little money for the prevention....

Never fails, you will have a huge quilt with Lots of WHITE fabric on you machine at this time too!!! Watch out for those greasey - icky - thread goobbers you will be pulling on!!!! Cover that quilt...

Oh John - the stryofoam protects from the SHARP gear / sprocket that the roller locks into. I do wish I had the newer frame with the different locking system. Sometime, going just that "One more notch" makes the quilt TOO tight, but the one less - is TOO loose..... Yes - I know - I am fussy and a bit of a perfectionist, but that is my life and how I live it!!

Hi Judi, am wondering if you've tried putting a thin strip of foam rubber in the take up roller to take up that extra bit of slack. I use it often that way when working on a quilt with a hammock on the bumm.. not much of a sag, just enough to make me think "Tucks". It sort of eases it out.. don't know if I'd try it with a computer program, if it would affect the placement of the pattern.

RitaR

Archived