stitch regulator stopped

peglu

My stitch regulator just stopped working. I turned it off to move to another section of my quilt, and now it won't turn back on. In fact, none of the buttons on the left handle are working, from the front or the back of the machine. Weird. I have a call out to Amy, but while I wait, does anyone have any suggestions. Timing couldn't be worse. I actually have my very first customer quilt on the frame. It is a complete start to finish, piecing and quilting. I would really like to get it done soon, since the baby is already born. :D

So sad. Amy can't fix it either. She says I 'blew a chip on the control panel'or circuit board, or something like that. They have to send me a new one, and I won't get it until Monday or Tuesday. Darn, I have the next three days off. Oh well, at least she can be fixed. Might try working a bit without the regulator to see how it goes. Thanks for suggestions Shana.

Oh no Peggy, so sorry you are having problems. You could always drive back down here

and use my machine. We could find loads of fun stuff to do. I could take you back to the

Country Fabrics quilt shop.

I know you can quilt without the SR just don't be afraid, you'll probably like it depending on

what you are doing.

Michele

Can anyone tell me why everytime I try to quilt without the SR on I just keep breaking thread. With SR I never have a problem. Does the tension have to be different, or is it maybe the speed setting. If so what is a good number to try it out on. I know that determines the speed of the machine, but I have not been able to get it right so far. I know. more PPP, huh? :cool::P Have a great weekend everyone. Jeanne

Hi Jeanne

I'm no expert, but suggest you have the speed on 3/4 (whatever number that is!). I know that sometimes when I start out at top speed, the shock of all the teeny weeny stitches and the machine madly revving away, causes me to make some quick movements which can cause the thread to snap. Perhaps slowing down a bit might help.

Judy

Archived