maiden voyage

So I got off the phone w/ fedex... mom's machine (i think he said he got a refurbished discovery) is in town Dad and I will pick it up in just a couple of hours... he says he is going to have it set up for her tonight.

So the ? is what should she start with lol

I wont get to go play with it till closer to christmas

She is very accomplished free motioning on her regular machine and has used a hq w/ a hq16 many times before her LQS went out of business last mo

I have a turning twenty top sitting here I was thinking of sending with her since is has such great open spaces?

Feed back, suggestions? hints i should give her ... well besides a "depends" i just got off the phone with her and i think she may still wet her pants......

Dad just totally blew her out of the water with no warning .. she only had a weeks notice between when he wrote the check and today

yeah she doodles on her white board all the time.

i really think she will adapt very well.... i will not lol but its her toy not mine.. i can just go up and "supervise" when i finish a top right :P

think i will run to jo-anns rq and get some muslin for her. i know she still has about 1/3 of a roll of batting so she has plenty of that to play with

do you think i should get enough muslin to front and back ? .. idk 4 yards of unbleached 90 wide that would give her 72x90 front and back? its too late for the LQS

well i got her the 4 yards of muslin and she loves variegated thread

she wont have it set up till today... they live up in a rural area in the mountains and by the time they got home last night and dealt with the new snow it was too late to start opening all those boxes

dad will be up and working on it first thing this morning though simply because the mess of boxes are "in his way" and he cant get anything else done LOL

i cant wait to hear from her...

i gave her written out directions to log get on here ... she cracks me up she can run all the software for her artista but has such a hard time w/ the computer... it may be untill my sister comes through for thanksgiving or i go up at christmas to get her registered and reading the forums...

WOW, I knew I should of had a daughter, can I borrow you:cool:;):) Congrats and can't wait to hear from her on the forum. Just remind her to breath every now and then. I started out on muslin then got some "cheaper" fabric with designs and practiced following the designs. It sounds like she should pick up the LA quickly.

so i just got off the phone w/ my poor poor mother..

the discovery is all set up.. the machine is loaded w/ muslin and batting.. and .. she put in a full row of loopy things she tried and well failed at describing... to which i responded "oh how exciting, what are you doing now"

she responds.................staining the wood for the shelves..........

now i know that dad is wonderful and he would like to finish all the cabinets for her new sewing room... so she can start putting everything away .... and i know that it will be worth it when its done and she has all new space and all of that ...

but not even a day to play? poor poor thing

... after all he is playing w/ his new table saw to make the shelves...... lolz

Archived