horizontal thread holder

I've tried it both ways and I don't think it matters much.

I've found that the vibration of the machine would vibrate the white holder right off and scare the bejeebees out of me. My husband rigged up little squares of cardboard (like from a cereal box) with a little x cut in the center, and I put that on after the white holder, and it was just enough additional friction to keep the holder on.

You also need to be careful about where the little cut in the side of the spool is at - sometimes the thread will catch on that and then your thread snaps. If this gives you trouble, put the cut end on next to the spool holder.

Good luck -

Julia

My horizontal thread holder comes with two pieces of white doo-hicky so you can pull one off, put the thread on the spool, then put the end on to hold the spool in place.

I don't think it matters which one you use because if you loosen the little nut thing on top you can adjust the spools. That way if you are useing 2 different colors of thread you will be able to swing one out - use it, then rotate.

Originally posted by maree

I love the photo, does the thread still go into the three hole thingy, the one near the machine name. I had thought of sitting mine towards the back of the machine.

This set-up mounts wherever you like. I place the spool so it feeds from the top and take it all the way back to the first big thread guide above the cone-holder. Then to the 3-hole as usual.

Archived