Bonnie Botts

Hi Bonnie,

Where are you from in Montana? My niece was raised in

Cut Bank. I have friends in Bozeman and Missoula. My Aunt Sig and her husband had a huge ranch there, also, but I cannot remember the area that it was in.

I love Montana, it such a beautiful state. So much history.

Carolj.

When they retire and move home, she won't be TOO far from ME! ;)

There are some great quilt guilds and wonderful LQS here. I hope and pray that the economy does not have a negative effect on our selection of stores. :(

That said, I'm going out for the sale ads today, doing my best to keep the economy going! :P

Yes, Carol (quiltinmotion) I do currently live in Elizaville, New York, but I am and always will be a Montana girl.

And CarolJ, I was raised on a cattle/sheep ranch north of Billings...a very tiny community called Winnett. My high school graduating class was only 13 8 guys, 5 girls.... I married a boy from the town next door Grassrange and have been his roommate now for a little over 34 years. We have one daughter Amy, 33 and she has 3 girls....14,9 and 5 and we have the oldest one living permanently with us.

One of my class mates her name is Sigrud Marie Pugrud .... was married to a Greytak...her family has a huge cattle ranch there....is this your Aunt Sig..if so its a very small world. If this is your Aunt...my maiden name is Miller.... Siggy has two brothers, Phil and Larry....are either of these your dad...

We have 20 acres there in the Billings area and when we do retire we will be moving back to build and stay till its over....

I too love the area, and no matter where I live it will always be home. I enjoyed Nevada for almost 20 years, and that was also a great home, and loved the area, but I have to admit leaving this place and house will be the hardest move, but in some ways I am very much looking forward to moving one last time and being back home with family that I have been separated from since 1987.

If you had told me 35 years ago that this cowgirl would be living in New York, just a few hours from the HUGE city of "New York City" Said in your best Salsa commercial voice...I would have called you crazy.

Bonnie,

I am from Wolf Point, northeastern part of MT. The first time I went to Billings, the scenic route (through Jordan, Winnett, Round Up...) I got lost trying to leave Winnett...yeah, I know there is only one way out of town and turned left instead of right. Needless to say, have a few friends who make fun of me because of it. So when someone says "oh, you can't get lost" I just smile and say "OH, WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT!!! Sure is a nice place to live, that is for sure.

JudyLynn...my SIL is from Antalope..... Man I would have liked to seen you get lost in Winnett....that would have made me laugh...as you said one way in and one way out....can't miss it. Oh, yeah, but you did.... The ranch I lived on was 13 miles southeast of town....so I wasn't there to see ya...you are safe, and I won't tell anyone.

Bonnie, I guess when you move back to MT, we are bound to meet up at some point, whether it be in Billings or Antelope.:) My dad grew up in FLaxville/Madoc area ---so what is your SIL's name, is she a quilter?? I have a friend whose mother had a fabric store in her home in Westby. So it maybe a small world after all. Might have met up with her somewhere along the way.

Originally posted by JudyLynn

Bonnie, I guess when you move back to MT, we are bound to meet up at some point, whether it be in Billings or Antelope.:) My dad grew up in FLaxville/Madoc area ---so what is your SIL's name, is she a quilter?? I have a friend whose mother had a fabric store in her home in Westby. So it maybe a small world after all. Might have met up with her somewhere along the way.

Not sure that they still live in Antalope...they may have moved to Dagmar....her last name is Guenther...her father's name is or was Donald. her's Donelle...and no she doesn't quilt...and she can't even sew....which is why I was so upset when my brother insisted she get mom's sewing machine when she died... Who know's we will see either other someplace I'm sure....

Oh, Heidi, when I tell someone who lives here where I am...its always "Upstate"...it makes sense there, but to those who are like I was never been here it would get lost in translation....:P;):P:cool: So guess, ya'll can say I'm offically a New Yorker....

How true that is....I came kicking and screaming....until I realized that it wasn't all just one HUGE city....there are some gorgeous places here, and the history is so so much more than where I'm from.

Our history out there doesn't even start until 1804 when Lewis and Clark came through, while here we have sites of George Washington battles and such during the Revolutionary War....and of course its just a hop over to Plymouth and the sites there. This past week I even ran to Boston to see the Bunker Hill Momument....not much to see and wasn't even a bit exciting once I was there, but its off the check list of things to do before moving home.:cool::P

Bonnie,

When my Godson comes to visit I'm sending with you to visit all these historical places! I'm not a history person unless of course it has to do with quilting! I hate going to battle fields and never liked history in school. I did like visiting Williamsburg though because there was a lot of hands on and I really like that kind of thing. My Godson is 10 and really into the Civil War! His mom is like I am about the battle fields and tells me it is my duty...Mmmmm I think it counts if I finds somebody who loves going as much as he does!

Hi Bonnie,

What a wonderful thread this turn into. So much history. What interesting lives we have here among our quilting family.

Happy New Year every body~

Bonnie, it would be a wonderful coinsidence if your friend would be related to me.

My aunt Sig was a great aunt, so she would no longer be with us. But I know she had children. I cannot remember her last name, But I do know she use to come over from Montana to Wyoming to visit my Mom's family. She was my Grandfather's sister. She would come by horse and buggy part way and then by train. I think it was Glenrock where they would pick her up and take her on in to Lusk Wyoming where Mother's family lived. Her maiden name would have been "Vaughan". So if you get a chance you might ask your friend if her Grandmother or maybe Great Grandmother's maiden name was Vaughan.

My Mom is gone now, so I can't ask all those wonderful questions you would love answers too. We sure need to write our history down when we have the chance, it means a lot to us later in life. I do have a quite a bit with Mother's pictures and scrap books, but need so much more.

One of my lovely Granddaughters, presented me with a bound scrap book for Christmas that she had been working on for three years. She sorted through all of my Mom's old pictures of her and my Dad back to when they were both babies and bought it forward to when my brothers and sisters and ofcourse myself were born and a large part of our lives. She even included some of the letters my Dad had written to Mom when he was off working or she had made her trips back to home to Wyoming to visit with her family. I just love it and am so thankful to have such loving and caring people in my life.

It looks like you and your DH has had 35 years of a great and happy life together. You have a lot of history, that I am sure your children and grandchildren love hearing about.

I am going to show your letter to my Niece , to see if she or her Mother recognize any of the names.

Holly,

it is a small world. We have been to Kamiah several times. It is really an interesting town that we enjoyed visiting. When was the last time you were back home?

Carolj.

Archived