Sew Pencil Orders from Mowana

Hey SandraG...

It's funny how when you've never heard of something, then you do and then it pops up over and over! I think I heard "sew line pencils" sometime in the last week, then I think I saw them somewhere the other day and I've seen them on here, too.

What exactly are these pencils? Are they something that will mark the quilts and then come off easily?

Thanks, SandraC:)

I have to admit, I went kicking and screaming into this one....I didn't need or want another marking tool, all that I had tried had failed in some manner and I didn't want to send the money for this one as well. (It is pretty costly for something if it doesnt' work)

Well, I listened to Heidi...trusted her to a point,:P and then bit the bullet and bought it. :cool: I have to say its the best I have ever used....I am doing an 80% white quilt that needs a very very fine line to follow, and I recently bought the green lead at a LQS in MA when I went to visit Diane...its WONDERFUL... works fantastic. I didn't break the lead once, which we all know is something we just live with, with most pencils. And I only used 1 and a bit of another one to do the marking.

This is one of those things that if you see it....get it, and one of each color of lead. I will be buying stock in this company (not literally), as I will be buying the leads as I can find them...they are pretty hard to find at times. And I may even buy a few additional pens so I can have them loaded with different colors...as I am lazy about trading out.;):P

Heidi, I will check and see if we have extra lead and send it. If not we have to re-order again today. We had a guild meeting here this morning and the members wiped us out.

Dory, we are not adding a lot of new stuff b/c we are re-designing out site. I will ask our website manager to put them on there. We have a hard time keeping them in stock.

All of the pencils are ceramic except the black. It is GRAPHITE!!!!! It is hard to get out. You can use it but I would mark very lightly. I would not use it on white.

SandraC -- SewLine pencils are work just like a regular mechanical pencil. You can buy one of every color but they are $12.95 each. I have one pencil and I change the color of lead if I need to. I use the red/pink and green the most on light fabric. I love the white on dark fabric.

Heidi, They are suppose to come out with a blue!!

There is an eraser on the pencil and an eraser pen is available.

The reason these are not so easy to get is b/c quilt shops can only get these from United Notions/Moda. It is a UN exclusive product. In addition, the product was just introduced this past year.

Sandra

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pencils!!! I can spray the fabric and use a cloth to get rid of the lines with out washing the quilt. The lines so far have totally disappeared for me. I don't use any other pencil any more. I have the pink, green and yellow leads.

Renae

Archived