Groz-Beckert needles

Grace

I am wondering if anyone uses the Groz-Beckert brand of needles for their longarm quilting. I purchased this brand at Innovations and have had very little success with them. The ones I received initially from APQS seem to work the best, and are cheaper, also. What results have any of you had using this brand needles? I am interested in selling the ones I have if anyone is wanting to purchase them.

Grace

Good Gracious Quilting

Coburg, Or

• 1 year later...

I had left over Groz- Beckert needles after I sold my Gammill in 2004. After I got my Mille without thought I put in one of these needles and I had break after break. I went to the APQS chat and read that other people had tried to use these needles and had the same problem. I switched back to Singer 4.0 and have never had the problem again. Singer 3.5 needles work too!

All of our machines are timed to the Singer needles (in the yellow package)...usually to the 4.0 size, but you can use the 3.5 or the 4.5 without it affecting the timing. We also have 5.0 needles (21 gauge) for our machines, byt the timing might be affected a bit due to the size of the needle. John is correct, Groz Beckert bought the SNF factory, so they are actually the supplier for the needles we have for purchase through APQS. Some people can use other brands of needles, but each brand is just a bit different with the shaft length, the placement of the scarf, etc...and this little difference can make a huge difference with the stitch quality and timing! That is why we advise that you only use the needles provided with your machine.

Archived