MQS 2009 - FROM THE VOICE OF EXPERIENCE

Mary Beth

Another tip when attending hands-on classes:

write down your questions and don't be afraid to ask them! Your fellow students will love you for that, because they might have the same question and didn't dare to ask.

It's the way to get the most out of a class.

Loes

Looking forward to see you in our hands-on digitizing classes!

P.S. Our Tursday hands-on digitizing class #411 "Panto FUN with Pre-Design" is full, but will also be taught on Friday as Class #506

The first year, as a newbie, I was information hungry. I was in so many classes that my head whirled., but WOW did I learn the quilting from the greatest. Take advantage of the skills of the masters that still teach.

The second year I did a little better and had an extra suitcase to bring my loot home in the car. I think this was the first year they had shipping available. If I had flown, I would have needed that.

The third year I took fewer classes and left time to go out to the local shops too.

I always take advantage of the banquet and all the evening activities that MQS has--lots of good fun. And there is always room at tables to meet new friends.

This year I've finally made time for volunteering. I really look forward to this great learning experience. And thanks to Shana, who has been promoting volunteering since her first volunteer hour.

I look forward to see you all again.

Hi to all, just wanted to say I will be TA for Loes and Theo in their Pre-Design Classes At MQS this year. I am looking forward to it!! If you haven't registered for this class, please consider it. I love the Pre-Design software. It is so easy to use! I make my own stencils and use my scanned sketches in Pre-Design then tweak the design untill it's "just right". Then it's printed out and I make the stencil from that. Making stencils of your own designs, getting them just the right size and having them to use over and over is wonderful!

Hope to see you in class!

Originally posted by quiltingmidwife

Do many of you guys intend going to the MQS banquet. I'm undecided but don't want to go and be 'Johnny No Mates'.

I attended the Friday night banquet last year and it was very nice! The food was delicious and presented very pretty; first class classy! The tables were set very elegant and everyone got a small gift. I enjoyed the banquet.

Do you remember Charlotte Angotti last year, the "entertainment" at the banquet? I almost died laughing at her presentation.:P That was worth the cost of the banquet! I have never heard a quilting comedian--and she did it so well! I wish I could hear that all over again. I emailed her last summer to see if she had a CD or DVD and she doesn't. She was flattered I guess. She does engagements and I would highly recommend her if anyone needs "entertainment" for a quilting gathering.

I loved the "Storm at Sea" quilt with the little river of yellow flowing down the middle, and the story she told about it. HAHAHAHAHAHA ROFLOL:P:P:P

I've been longarm quilting for almost 20 years now..OMG that makes me sound old...well maybe i started really young...sure. :)

Anyway i've bought more than my share of things to try out..but last year was a must have and those scissors that are purple and crooked are the boom girls is for cutting your backing/batting/top all together..they are the best ever. I would love to have 2 pair but at a little over $20 a piece i settle for one now.:P

Archived