Blue Star finished with pictures / Before Quilting

Wow, I'm so impressed with your quilting!!! I don't have my long arm yet, but I have a grace frame that I use so I have had some practice. When I've done feathers, you can see where I've gone over the lines as I come back to the spine to make the next loop. I'm anxious to learn how you make them look like each loop is a single line!! I've been a lurker on this site for about 6 months, but as I get closer to getting my long arm, I'm anxious to talk to you all and learn from you! You all seem like such nice, knowledgeable and talented folks!!!

Carla

I'm flattered to be your first post!

Retracing is the hard part, which is why the hook feathers are a joy as they are much easier and there is no backtracing. The nice thing about the bump bump feathers is that only the bump gets retraced and not the entire edge of the feather. What helped me the most was learning that the end of the feather should look like it would be a complete circle if it were continued. I have problems with the angle of the feather from the spine, and especially turning corners, but PPP.

I think you did fantastic feathers! I don't think you need to specialize in partially sighted customers:P:P. I have a totally blind customer. She does all her own rotary cutting (scary thought) and her own sewing, even has an embroidery machine.

Never underestimate the blind or partially sighted. She's something else. She may not be able to see it, but has me describe the quilting and thread in detail and she feels it. I'll bet you she could tell if I made a mistake!

Archived