APQS forum sneak peek!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

Sherry - mine arrived in the mail yesterday and I have been having the best time sitting here with my morning coffee, drawing fabulous feathers! Such a good warm up for the quilt I am about to put on the frame. It is definitely a sow's ear and I may just be able to turn it into at least a homespun purse! ;) This is such a great format for a book. Thanks bunches!

Linda

Thank you Sherry for the book. I love it! I have been trying to find the right dry erase pen to do this for some time. This one doesn't smell and leave black everywhere. Where can we get more of them when this one goes dry. And, it might soon. Is the mylar sheets similar to transparancy sheets used with overhead projectors? I even started drawing (PPP) on paper while on the phone at work. I think I'm hooked on feathers.

Hi Sherry,Thank you

I've just picked up my book 8.15am, I'm sew excited I have just looked at it and I don't want to put it down, I'm going to go over it slowly tonight, I have 2 APQS girls comming for a sleep over today & tomorrow for a little training and brainstorming, I can't wait to show them the book.

I was hoping it would be here today.

It only took 7 days to get here including the weekend. Gotta love that service. Thanks again Sherry.

Oh, Leslie, I am so jealous!!! Your book got to all the way to Australia before mine has reached Canada. Someone told me that the Canada/U.S. border has been bad for mail lately, I guess so!!!

Here's hoping I get a package in the mail today, or no hope til after the weekend!!! boohoo, Sandra

My book arrived a few days ago and it goes with me on the commuter train every day (I have an hour ride to and from work on the train) and I LOVE IT!!!!! My feathers are only good when the train is stopped at a station (LOL!) but I can definitely feel the flow of it now and am itching to try these feathers on some quilts!

Having the mylar sheets for practicing is SUCH a great idea! THank you, thank you Sherry for putting out such a fabulous book!

Sara

• 9 months later...

OK. I thought I would post a message here so to "bump" this thread up to the top again... :)(((Hi, Sherry!! ))) :)

I just ordered two (2) each of Sherry's Formal Feathers 101 books. One book goes to me, and the one gets mailed to my dear MIL, Ingrid.

(Hey, Pop, if you are checking the message board today, don't tell Ini about this...it's a "Congrats on your new Millennium" surprise from her favorite DIL!) ;) Now she can get to practicing those feathers, and I can practice, too! Yaaay for "Team Clay"

:cool: Shana :cool:

Archived