APQS forum sneak peek!

Introducing Formal Feathers 101

A step-by-step workbook with Sherry Rogers-Harrison

PRE-ORDER ONLY...Shipping is estimated to begin on or before March 15th

***********$39.95 Introductory price $34.95 plus s/h (US) **********

Finally, a feather tutorial that will walk you through the art of creating elegant formal feathers with arrows for you to follow!

Coil wire bound to lay flat while you practice. Professionally printed with 31 pages of step-by-step full size drawings of fabulous formal feathers! Sherry has included 14 different original borders to inspire your creativity and last but not least 5 different illustrations of her original fantasy feathers that will make your mouth water! 17 mylar sheets overlay 17 practice pages to *train the brain* and teach you to become the feather queen you want to be! Dry erase marker for immediate practice is included.

Pre-order at http://www.sewfarsewgood.org

See a sneak peek of the artwork before it goes to the printer!

http://community.webshots.com/album/547566656YfclQu

Sherry Rogers-Harrison

Authorized APQS Representative /Sales /Service/ Training

Runway Ranch Longarm Quilting Services

19702 8th Ave. South

Des Moines, WA 98148

(206) 412-4720

email: sewfarsewgood@comcast.net

homepage: http://www.sewfarsewgood.org

http://community.webshots.com/user/sewfarsewgood

Oh, I just took a peek at your book and that is what I need to help me do the feathers. I need to see how it is done. I want to do feathers so badly. My drawing on paper and practise on muslin looks like something else but not feathers, they are not going the right way. I ordered the book and now can't wait for it to come. I have learned alot from your posts and I know your book will help me. Thanks Sherry.

Sherry,

Thanks for more feather help! I really like using the dry erase practice method that you teach. Will classes follow the book? I could use another trip up to The Quilting Connection in Elkhorn, WI........

I can't wait to get the book. I am sure it will be a "blockbuster"!

Patty

I will need to order this book as well! I have seen your photos and you

do such great work!

As for sending some of your talent with the book, if you have a bit to spare

for me too..... those feathers can be tough..... I know, practice, practice

and then practice some more! Just need to find that "flow".

I think the arrows in the book will really be a big help too.

I must also say thanks for making it coil / wire bound so that it will lay flat!

I have taken a few books into Kinkos to have them cut off the spine. This

way I am able to have loose pages so that I can copy or slip in my scanner.

This will be better! I won't mis-place a page!

Guest Linda S

Wow! Am I glad I stopped in here today! I've placed my order. You certainly have been a inspiration to me Sherry. If it hadn't been for your class in Houston, I would never have made the sampler that has gotten me so many quilting jobs. I can't wait to get this. I can do feathers, but I want them to look NICE :) and, I need some help in the ends of my feathers too, so this will be just the ticket for me.

Linda

Thanks everyone for taking time to look at what I am offering and jumping on the pre-order list sight unseen! I am thrilled to see this all come together and was actually inspired to get this done by a longarm quilter that has many children and CANNOT get to any classes. She did get a prototype copy of my book last week and is very happy with the results it gave her.

I cannot thank you all enough for your words of praise. You are all now official cheerleaders!

Formally,

• 2 weeks later...

Finally...February is almost done!!!...usually a dreary month, but not so bad this year. Also, just had a week that dragged on with the quilt that has caused me the most strife...beautiful applique quilt that is 35 years old and in great shape. The problem came when the customer washed it before bringing it to me. I guess it had never been washed and one of the two main fabrics shrunk and the other didn't. What a nightmare and a crying shame!!!

After a hard time of it, while sitting here, I realized that now that the quilt is done and off my machine, I get to play with my new Baptist Fan template :P:P and I also realized that it won't be long before Sherry's new book comes out...woohoooo!!!!!! Maybe the pre-orders will also be autographed??? (hint,hint;))

Have a great day...........Sandra

How exciting!!! I have had a job to do for a friend for about a year. She has these very old sheets that have Battenberg lace on them and they are special to her. She asked me to make them into a quilt. I had told her that I wasn't at a level yet to even think of diving into something like that!! Maybe once I learn some formal feathers and I recently got the crosshatching tool from Circlelord...I will finally be able to figure something out. Here's hoping, anyways!!!

Thanks Sherry...looking forward to getting some mail in the next little while!!!

Sandra

Archived