SDP Raffle Quilt

I'm usually just a lurker but had to share with you all...this is the 2nd SDP (Society of Decorative Painters) raffle quilt I have done. It was a stroke of luck being ask to quilt for this group with my longarm only months old. They raised over $3000 for that one and I'm hoping this one does as well. To view the quilt and purchase raffle tickets ;) to go: http://www.decorativepainters.org/quilt/index.php

Thanks for all the terrific info that I get from this group.

Cindy Ladig

The Quilt Farm

S. Charleston, OH

Oh Cindy, you did a beautiful job on this quilt! I love the flowery details! :) The little black kitty cat in the corner peeking up at the bird in the tree... so darling! You should be super proud. The hand-painted birds on this quilt is spectacular. So many hours from everyone involved, including you. Be proud and great job!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the info on how to purchase a raffle ticket.

Wow....tell us more about the painting process....Its so picture perfect, I would like to know how. Love the quilting and the quilt....you did a gorgeous job.

I did read the article about the Deco Painters, but would like to know about process and patterns.

Originally posted by Bonnie

Wow....tell us more about the painting process....Its so picture perfect, I would like to know how. Love the quilting and the quilt....you did a gorgeous job.

I did read the article about the Deco Painters, but would like to know about process and patterns.

Bonnie, sorry no help on the painting process I'm just the quilter.

I believe the SDP 2009 national conference site is in Illinois this May. There will be tons of classes to take for beginner to expert. The class schedule should be listed on line. Ohio's state conference is sometime in August with lots of classes too.

I'm trying to get a beautiful Quilt of Valor from them. They do wonderful painting I'd love to try also but unfortunately I don't have room for another hobby!!!

Thanks to all for the nice comments.

Cindy Ladig

The Quilt Farm

S. Charleston, OH

Very nice. The cat looks so real. I use to do Tole painting many years ago, who knew it would work so well on a quilt? Not that I ever plan to paint again, I don't even have time to quilt my own quilts, but I really can appreciate the work.

Archived