How to quilt?

I'm going to try to post a picture here and I need help with quilting ideas. This quilt is to be in a silent auction to help raise money for my son's high school band program and a lot of non-quiting types will be bidding. It is wallhanging size and I don't want to spend too much time on it. Any ideas would be appreciated ;)

post--13461901327635_thumb.jpg

I like Mary Beth's idea of freehand with some musical notes. you could use some regular chalk board chalk to draw some notes here and there and then as you are meandering by just stitch in the notes. Chalk board chalk or "Tailor's" chalk brushes off nicely with a ... DRY ... washcloth.

I actually have a musical note panto that I forgot about. The theme is "A Night at the Oscars" and I was looking for the popcorn panto (I don't have it but maybe somebody around here does.

So maybe music note panto in the middle with piano key border or popcorn allover. I also do like the spiral allover idea for speed. Thanks Linda, but Susan Ramey has the CL spiral template so I could borrow hers...she's a little closer!

Archived