Bobbin assembly noise...sounds loose?

witha'K'quilting

The hook assembly will normally have a little side to side play and that can sound rattley. As long as you are getting good stitches and you oil and clean normally, I would not worry about it. You guys know your machines and the sounds they make! If the sound changes or it starts to gives you problems with the stitches, be sure to call in and speak to Amy or Christy!

Take care,

Either way is fine Lisa. If you have the needle plate off for cleaning, then it is pretty easy to oil from above. If you are doing it as the manual says you should be fine. :)

Later,

Kristina, I have this also, but its only when the bobbin is getting empty and as it gets emptier (is that a word) it starts to rattle a bit....so when I hear that I know its time to start looking for a full bobbin.

Not all the bobbins do that, but I noticed it more with the last batch I bought from King's Men.....

You don't put the oil on the shelf. It has to be in the groove that the hook assembly and the bobbin basket rotate in. It is best to oil from above. on the little raised area that fits into the bobbin basket groove. This groove is easy to see from the top. This is where the metal meets the metal and it needs oil.

John

John,

Thank you so much for the clear description of where the oil goes. I never really got the little shelf part...just seemed odd to me. I'll print out your post and follow it today.

Thanks for adding to the life of my machine! I appreciate your taking the time to detail this out.

With you and Mark on our side, we should never have a problem!!

Lisa

Archived