Back from surgery

Hi Everyone:

Back to work today after 10 days off for foot surgery. Thank you all for the best wishes. Surgery went very well. Went in at 8:30 and I was back home by noon. I checked the forum now and then at home, but DH uses the computer for his business so didn't bother him much. Feels good to be back at work and back into the swing of things -- even on crutches and a big boot. 4 weeks recovery and I'll be back at quilting. I did take one day and clean out my books and magazines and organized my thread and pantos - that felt real good.

While I was home DH and I had a great conversation about the quilting business. End result, I'm now calling it a "hobby making a little money". The pressure is off - whew!!! I'm taking the quilts I want to take and getting some of my own done. Scheduling will be a lot different now.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I have been thinking about you and glad to know that all is going well with your recovery.

I am also glad that you and DH have made a decision on how to run the longarm business. I think I am very similar to your arrangement. I work full time, so quilting is very part time. I actually bought this machine for ME and my enjoyment but thought it would be fun to do some customer quilts on the side, too. I don't advertise and get a few quilts trickling in but I do enjoy the balance of having time for my own quilts and learning, PPP without the stress of many deadlines. So far it's working out good for me.

Again, glad you're doing well.

Archived