Quilters dream poly

Has anybody used this, Quilters dream poly?. A customer brought it with her quilt top and backing. It is a custom applique. She has a fat back that is thick like Kona cotton. I loaded the back and went to load this batting and it like stuck to the back. Any re-adjusting will stretch it. Is there a trick to working with this batting?.

Nora

Millennium

Washougal WA

FLUFF, FLUFF, FLUFF:D

That's what I do. I pick up what's on the floor and fluff it like a sheet on the bed. Then gently smooth it with my hand. You could roll the excess and use a light clamp so you won't have to struggle with a large size batt.

I love the fact that it doesn't move and clings like a magnet. Once it's in place, no worry.

I've noticed that Kona cotton is coarse enough to grab any batting. It's like it has sticky fingers or velcro hooks on it.

On the other hand, WW and WN feel like a sheet of cardboard. It moves easily and doesn't stretch when you're trying to adjust. I like that too.

Good luck Nora!

I too love the QD Poly. But if it is the "Request" weight, you need to be careful, it does stretch out of shape. The request is the thinnest of the available weights. Try to encourage your customers to get the "select" weight which is the middle loft or weight. The request is not really recommended for use on the LA.

Archived